Samsung SyncMaster 215TW buzzing / lightning in power board socket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung SyncMaster 215TW buzzing / lightning in power board socket

This is my first post here. I just fixed my first 2 broken displays by replacing broken capacitors (Samsung SyncMaster 226BW, and Samsung SyncMaster 213T). But I have a third one I'm unable to fix, and am eager to fix as well:

My Samsung SyncMaster 215TW makes a buzzing / hissing sound when turned on.

The sound is louder the brighter the monitor is, e.g. in the "Game" preset is is even louder than in a softer preset.

Opening up the monitor and unplugging the small socket cables that run from the power board to the LCD, I can see a small blue electric arc (mini lighning) buzzing around inside one of the connector sockets. That seems to cause the buzz.

I have attached a screenshot that indicates the position of that 2-wire socket.

I have already replaced all caps in the power board (some were bad), but that didn't fix it.

Does anybody have an idea of what could be the issue here?

I could try to make a video of the buzzing, but first wanted to ask if there's anything specific I should try to capture as well.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung SyncMaster 215TW buzzing / lightning in power board socket

That arcing in the socket is because there is no ccfl cable connected, does it still make the arcing sound with the cable connected? If it does, check the connector, if it is ok it could be due to a broken ccfl tube in the panel.

Comment

Working...
    X