No announcement yet.

Trials and Tribulations with M.NT68676.2 LCD Controller board and LVDS Panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trials and Tribulations with M.NT68676.2 LCD Controller board and LVDS Panel

Hey all, want to poke the hive mind here for a technology I must be missing something critical about I can't discern from looking at spec sheets alone.

I have an ATGames Legends Pinball machine, the playfield is a 32" LCD Display. I'm trying to attach an LCD controller to it for direct PC access, as others have been successful.

The LCD is a SPLENDID CD320B01A-350 (I think it's a custom panel for ATGames as google turns up nothing), which is mated to a HV320FHB-N02 (47-6021088) T-CON board (this is probably the important component anyhow)

The LCD Controller I purchased is a "VSDISPLAY HD-MI DVI VGA Audio LCD Controller Board M.NT68676 Work for 21.5" 1920x1080 LM215WF3-SLA1 LM215WF3 SLA1 LM215WF3 SL A1 LM215WF3(SL)(A1) LVDS Interface LCD Screen"

It appears to be the exact same board, and backlight controller and 'keyboard' and such as another item "VSDISPLAY HD-MI VGA DVI Audio LCD Controller Board for 21.5" 23.8" 1920x1080 30Pin LCD Screen T215HVN01.0 M215HW03 V1 V2 M215HGE-L23 M215HTN01.1 LM238WF5-SSA1 LM238WF1-SLE3"

This latter item, someone with this pinball machine has been able to use successfully with the jumpers set to 12V.

My item, the former one, set to drive 12V resulted in me melting the IC on the T-CON board (replacement incoming, I'm hoping these are interchangable regardless of the panel they were driving).

Now, in the item descriptions, clearly one common display panel is not supported by the latter, but is by the former. Despite everything else looking the same.

Even going through panellook and comparing all the supported panels, I can't find anything in the specs that shows a clear difference (they're all 2ch 8bit LVDS interface, 1920x1080/60hz).

Even VSDISPLAY claims (in response to a question I asked them directly) they don't have a controller board that will drive my display (but clearly it does for this other guy (whom I've been in contact with but we've seemingly tapped our our tech knowledge on this one together, hence why I'm here).

I'm inclined to just pick up the exact same one he got (toss another $40 at it), even though I can't see any difference (perhaps it's simply in the firmware side, but finding a firmware repository for this chip, with good instructions seems to be non-existant).

Is there something about these boards, or the LVDS tech that makes one controller not work for one panel when the basic specifications look to be the same?!

Anyone have any experience with this stuff? I'll even take guesses as I'm pretty much at my ropes end.
Working...
X