Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vestel MB130 How to read and install the firmware?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vestel MB130 How to read and install the firmware?

How can I read/backup the original main board firmware and then correctly install the new one on my Vestel MB130 board? I don't want to brick my new main board so I want to make sure I do it right. Searched the forum and the stickies but no luck.

1. Any problems using a USB3 thumbdrive?
    2. Should I use the TV's service menu or the method where I hold down the OK button and then power on the TV?
    3. Can someone explane me these files and what do they do?
    mb130_PM51_connected.bin
    mb130_RomBoot.bin
    usb_auto_update_G10.txt
    + another zip file containing - mb130_en.bin
    4. What's the difference between those two?
    #For pure PM.bin upgrade, use below part
    fatload usb 0:1 0x24000000 mb130_PM51_connected.bin
    VS
    #For pure RomBoot.bin (include mboot.bin) upgrade, use below part
    fatload usb 0:1 0x24000000 mb130_RomBoot.bin
    5. If I use a main board from another TV with a different screen panel and T-con board. Should I only install the screen panel profile if it's even possible? Main board are slightly different 130P and new is 130S so fifferent cpus?
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-23-2021, 02:34 AM. Reason: Vestel MB130

Re: How to read and install the firmware?

Anyone?

Comment

Re: Vestel MB130 How to read and install the firmware?

I don't know what your problem is but all of the files you have given above are full software content and will be uploaded to the TV by pressing and holding the ok button, with full software you need to make sure that every TV has this Software according to serial number. Especially with mb130s you have to pay attention to which version of the motherboard you have. If you install the v5 software on the v3 motherboard, your motherboard is now garbage.

Comment

hosbulduk, thank you for your input! The problem is that there is no clear instructions on how to install firmware. Someone should make a tutorial and make it a sticky.
        For instance I didn't know about the v5 vs v3 thing and why is the file mb130_en.bin in a seperate folder? Should I unzip it or leave it as is?
        I have tried to search this site and looked lots of videos on youtube but there is no tutorial from beginning to end.
        How can I know if I need a v5 or v3 firmware?

Comment

After pressing the menu and 4725 buttons, you will first see in the top line of the screenshot which v3 or v5 version is installed on your TV.
          Vestel TVs software can be installed in two different ways as full software or as update software. To install all of the software, connect your TV to power while holding down the arrow button on your remote, and release the arrow button when the red light starts flashing rapidly. After 2-3 minutes of black screen, complete the installation process by following the instructions on the screen.
          After pressing the menu and 1505 buttons, the update software is installed automatically.
          You can find more detailed and Software information by googling it as Tavsiyeforumu (Turkish forum).

Comment

hosbulduk, thank you again! Looks like I installed a v3 (v362240) software onto a v5 (V.5.34.14) motherboard. I took some pictures before I tried to install the software. So is this motherboard now bricked or is there any way to restore it? Is it possible to rewrite the EEPROM?
            I'm gonna study the turkish forum. THANK YOU!

Comment

Unfortunately, even with full software you cannot recover the motherboard. Your card is bricked. If you can find a dump firmware for your motherboard, you can recover it by rewriting it to the eprom.

Comment

Yep already told you to be careful of what firmware you use on another thread that you posted. Learned it the hard way. Bricked mine about 1 year ago and still haven't found a way how to unbrick without opening the tv. The customer has his tv in warranty and is still waiting response from the retailer. I don't know if you can rewrite eeprom or nand chip and fix it. :/

Comment

I have been reading the turkish forum for hours... well it takes time to understand it, even with google translate. And youtube auto translate isn't the best either, but this should be the tutorial for installing the software:
                  https://tavsiyeforumu.com/konu/veste...-anlatim.2744/
                  Too bad there isn't an english version of this. Might save some future motherboards. I still hope someone here makes a step by step tutorial.
                  Couple of things I noticed:
                  1. Some say you can't use a bigger USB stick than 4GB and some don't support USB3.0
                  2. I still don't get the serial number thing. The motherboard has one serial number, the screen panel has another serial number and the back of the TV label has a third serial number. Why is the serial number so importand, when it's more importand to have the same brand and screen panel model (and size?).
                  3. I had a .zip file inside a .zip file just to save disc space. All files must be extracted and copyed to the USB stick withoud any sub folder.

Comment

The full software corresponds to the serial number of the TV, the panels used are different even if the motherboard is the same, there will be display problems if there is no software according to the serial number: like mirror screen.
                    However, it is possible to purchase the software only from Vestel by e-mail, according to the serial numbers of exported TVs produced by Vestel. If you cannot access the software in any way, you can try to install the shared software for your motherboard. If a screen problem occurs, it is possible to solve the problem by installing the panel software.

Comment

Working...
                    X