Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BEST BST-863 vs Atten 863D

Hey,

I need a new hot air station. The Quick is quite expensive in my area and difficult to get.

At the moment, I have the option of a used Atten 863D 1000W for 100 pounds or a new BEST BST-863 1200W for the same price.

I saw SDG Electronics had a good review of the BEST. Louis recommended the ATTEN, not sure if he has seen the BEST.

Re: BEST BST-863 vs Atten 863D

Maybe not Atten 863D, but Atten ST-862D.

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
      Maybe not Atten 863D, but Atten ST-862D.

Oh sorry, that is the one I meant.

Comment

I thought it was a nice touch that it came with a holder that you could point down and reflow chips, but the bottom is solid, so that's not going to work.

The cord looks short, the handle looks marginally smaller. I don't really see the selling point for the additional 150 usd.

Airflow was never an issue for me with the 858d. Better temperature control would be better, yes. I'm kind of surprised that no one sells a proper drop in replacement board for these machines. Probably wouldn't be very expensive, and you would get better temp control, etc. If it came with an external thermocouple, usb port and you could program some heating curves, it would be worth a fair amount. The new machines don't support either of these things either.

Anyone up for a project?

Comment

This looks more exciting to me. stm32 chip that can likely be reprogrammed pretty easily.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32859878885.html

Comment

Originally posted by clearchris View Post
            This looks more exciting to me. stm32 chip that can likely be reprogrammed pretty easily.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32859878885.html
            I have the soldering iron version and it nice unit the shutdown feature is nice if you are running off battery power

I have not bought the hot air gun version yet I wonder what kind-a temperature control it has I wonder if it similar to the solder iron profile
            9 PC LCD Monitor
            6 LCD Flat Screen TV
            30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
            10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
            6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
            1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
            25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
            6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
            1 Dell Mother Board
            15 Computer Power Supply
            1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
            2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
            All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Working...
            X