Dish washer board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dish washer board

I got this dish washer board from a guy, it is supposedly acting strangely (like swapping programs and such). I haven't found anything bad, only thing which si closest to a problem I found is that big foil cap. It should be 1,5uF but has only 1 uF now and ESR of 6 ohms. Do you think swapping it is worth a shot?
    Attached Files
    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
    Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Re: Dish washer board

couldnt hurt.they lose capacitance and esr rises after many breakdowns and self healing events.

Comment

OK, cool, I'll just have to buy some smaller and add them in parallel as they don't have 1,5uF anywhere around...
      Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

Roederstein and possibly Iskra should have X-caps as high as 1.5uF (Roederstein has 2.2uF,IIRC).
        PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
        To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Yes, the capacitor is definitely the problem. They use it instead of a transformer. It is used sort of how a resistor would work, but it doesn't waste much energy as heat. It's called capacitive-reactance ... Google it
          Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Originally posted by ben7 View Post
            Yes, the capacitor is definitely the problem. They use it instead of a transformer. It is used sort of how a resistor would work, but it doesn't waste much energy as heat. It's called capacitive-reactance ... Google it
            Yes, that's what I thought, just haven't been wize from the paths in there so I haven't said it loud . It's using the caps reactance value, just it does not burn the power rather than creates phase-variance...

Well it's not worth looking for ROE caps abroad if I can put in multiple smaller ones what will work just as good

ADD// OK so there was 1,6uF alltogether nominaly (that smaller blue 0,1uF cap is in parallel) so I used one 1uF I found here in my desoldered stuff and also 0,68uF one. That is 1,68uF nominal, 1,79uF measured, some 3,5 ohm ESR.
            Last edited by Behemot; 06-15-2013, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Heard that dishwasher is running like charm…

Comment

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
                Heard that dishwasher is running like charm…
                Gr8!
                Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Working...
                X