Panasonic Microwave Genius series 1350W DIM Display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic Microwave Genius series 1350W DIM Display

Not sure if anyone here has a working knowledge of this Microwave. It is an amazing unit, with great features. If there is an easy and affordable fix, I would do it.

The display has become very dim. Everything else works fine. The display works--- You can see the numbers as long as there is no sun light. very Dim.

I found a fix for a Jenn Air Double oven that was having a similar problem on this site---by replacing a "C3 cap".

I figured I ask here....

I am willing to replace the whole board if need be, but not sure what part to order.

Thanks in Advance.

Gary DZ
    Last edited by GaryDZ; 05-21-2013, 10:27 AM. Reason: More descriptive Title---

Re: Panasonic Microwave Genius series 1350W DIM Display

Pics of the boards would help...

Comment

I will work on getting a Pic of the board...

The Model # is NN-T993sF
      Serial: 6A83250087

If that helps.

Gary

Comment

I recently parted a Panasonic NN-SN797S microwave (you can find some pics at the end of this thread). Manufactured in 2007. I don't remember what brand of capacitors it used, but it looks like Jamicon TK judging from my pictures. If so, it's possible they've gone bad. I've seen my fair share of failed Jamicon TK in Bestec power supplies, so I don't think they are that good. If yours has any non-Japanese branded capacitors, then I would say replace them and see if that fixes the problem.

Comment

If yours has any non-Japanese branded capacitors, then I would say replace them and see if that fixes the problem.[/QUOTE]

Thanks...

Comment

I once thought Panasonic only used their own brand of electrolytic capacitor in their products - not all the time these days!
            My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Thanks...

It looks a lot like it... most of the same buttons/features

Comment

It can be cold solder joints to the VFD display (filament pins) or the (display) filter capacitor is bad, or air getting in the VFD tube/age, that can cause a weak display.
                I think that board only has a few electrolytics on it? Found board part number might be: F603Y5W00AP
                I've replaced a bunch of door switches on Panasonic microwaves, they arc and get stuck.

Comment

My Panasonic microwave had a dim display and had been dim since I bought it about 2004. I took it apart to clean the fan blades and vent area and see if I could see anything awry on the display board. After removing and reinstalling the display board and reconnecting all the connectors, I saw that the display became much brighter than it was which still is dimmer than I would like, especially during daytime.

Comment

Working...
                  X