Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG Fridge Retrofit

http://ca.lge.com/en/ir/html/ABboard...eases_read.jsp

A bad cap causes the condenser motor to fail, which will overheat the compressor and cook your fridge.

I took a look at the general nature of appliance repairs at our store and noticed a good portion of control boards and such being fixed, a lot more than even a few yrs ago. So I've educated our tech on blown caps and he's looking for em now. Considering that a board can cost as much at $500 to replace, kinda makes one wonder.
    I'll post pics as we find em.

Re: LG Fridge Retrofit

i see a ton of appliance boards in for repair.many are not built to withstand the envirionment of say a washer or dishwasher.best bet is to avoid appliances with electronics.
    and ge stuff in general.

Comment

Re: LG Fridge Retrofit

Some of us have heard when the electronic control panel in a refrigerator fails, the refrigerator does not work, and therefore after some time, the food inside goes bad. Big problem!

In such appliances, there should be a redundant controller, which switches on when the primary controller has failed. It should also indicate a service light as well, even though the redundant controller is still working.

(The ECU in the VN Commodore we once owned failed twice - in many cases, an expensive and sometimes hard to find component!). Again, big problem!
      My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Working...
      X