No announcement yet.

Oscilloscope Poll! How many do you own?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oscilloscope Poll! How many do you own?

a lot of the time you get eeprom fail messages on the old atari arcade stuff, it's not the eeprom,
    it's just the high voltage supply failed.

Comment

Oh nice. That's good to know, also the fact that after writing highscores into EAPROM I don't know how often people get new high scores.

Tektronix did a decent job of designing the power supply I think, but writes into the EAROM too many times in the same spot - so it truly is worn out.

I think the policy is that it writes the control positions into EAROM after 8 seconds of inactivity. If someone constantly futzes with the controls (I suppose this is hard to do...wow...) or there's a noisy control, then perhaps this is how these EAROMs get destroyed.

No wear leveling to see here!

Comment

It was slightly more than a fiver, but it's on it's way.

Comment

what - you got the d755?

Comment

Yeah, arriving tomorrow. What reconditioning have you done to yours, new caps ?

Comment

mine was bad, i recapped it, but also replaced the BNC and 2mm sockets and replaced the mains inlet with a regular type.

infact i need to check the timebase module soon,
              now i have the component tester that will be quick.
              the modules pull out and all transistors are in sockets!

it's the best scope i have ever worked on btw - everything is easy to get to.
              the top and base unlatch and the two modules next to the crt just slide out leaving the HV and regular psu's in the base.
              Last edited by stj; 06-22-2016, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Ahh... I think I got my 2440 DSO to play Oscillofun...sort of - it's very weak and fuzzy but barely can make the picture out. It's struggling to display it. Beams of Light is completely broken - cannot make heads or tails. I'm using the generational problem (YT audio, not using the FLAC) so it's hurting the scope a bit. But still can see something.

Right now the recorded movie is 462MB and I don't feel like uploading it somewhere as my uplink is miserable. May have to do some more generational loss and compress it first...

Comment

that wont work - ever. YT re-encodes everything.
                  follow the link to get the original mp3
                  https://www.scene.org/file.php?file=...s_of_light.zip

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one who likes to see what dumping audio into a scope will look like... Try Boards of Canada - Dayvan cowboy.
                    Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

OH FSCK THEY'RE CHEATING

Originally posted by iRATA
                      You will need a sound card and an oscilloscope to run this prod. You can use the included emulator if you do not have either. This demo uses multi-channel audio data in the WAVE signed 16 bit PCM file format. The front left and right channels control the horizontal and vertical axis of an oscilloscope set in X-Y mode to produce vector graphic images. The rear left and right channels provide the music.
                      I thought it was 2 channels only like Oscillofun?

Comment

I just downloaded the wav file and playing it. Yeah, video and audio is on separate channels. This is cheating. Oscillofun only requires 2 channels for both audio and video.

Comment

how is it cheating?
                          it's a demo - the music should be clear and not full of out-of-band noise,
                          and the imagery should be clean and not superimposed on a strange blob in the center of the screen.

Comment

hey, want to build yourself the arcade game "BATTLEZONE" to play on a scope?

Comment

It's more challenging to superimpose the music on top of the actual video.
                              There's a bunch of videos out there that have oscilloscope art, but Oscillofun is the only one that actually has music embedded in the art so you can play and view at the same time on 2 channels. Even MP3 compression, though it degrades everything, does not completely destroy it.

I couldn't find the FLAC/wav for oscillofun, would be interesting what that looks like without the compression artifacts.

Here's my 2440 playing Oscillofun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaGDA-dTkWo - it's playing with compression artifacts. Added with the scope slowness, it's pretty crappy despite being a 300MHz scope...
                              Last edited by eccerr0r; 06-23-2016, 12:02 AM. Reason: wrong wording

Comment

Here's the FLAC version of Oscillofun: http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=58317

Comment

Dang now I have to make another video :p (and dub in the real track...)

And set it up again...

Comment

I just realized - the Eico 460 actually has rudimentary triggering "sync" ... Probably to follow suit with Tek.

It also has Z axis - so raster images are possible with XYZ mode.

I don't know why but suddenly I have an urge to see Oscillofun on the Eico 460...

Comment

Working...
                                    X