Oster wine celler cooler Mod OW0912H6H fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oster wine celler cooler Mod OW0912H6H fault

Hi guys; i have this Oster wine celler OW0912H6H that has been working for a few years and this weak it failed ,i smelled burn,i opened it and checked circuit ,visual don't see anything burned,is there any thing that i could check on this board thanks?

http://www.fixya.com/fullimage.html?...1_11_16_pm.jpg

Re: Oster wine celler cooler Mod OW0912H6H fault

What about the underside ?

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
      What about the underside ?
      Thanks Diif; i also checked D83-004 and my measurements were= black probe midle pin and red on left pin and right pin i get 0.117 on diode tester,Is this right?

http://www.datasheetq.com/D83-004-doc-Fuji
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ivtec; 07-27-2017, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Your measurements look correct. What about reversing the leads?

BUT, take a look at this thread:
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42346

It looks like you are working on a very similar wine fridge.
        I finally was able to fix mine (actually 3 of mine).

The problem was the VDD 47ufd cap on pin 12 of the tl494 (16pin dip device). It had gone to 33ohms ESR. This caused faulty startup operation which also took out one fo the small TO-92 transistors.

Gary
        Last edited by c5gary2; 07-28-2017, 02:11 PM. Reason: mistake

Comment

Looking at your photo again, I see why you zeroed in on the dual diode...
          It isn't even attached to the heatsink!
          If that is so, that isn't good, my heatsink gets really hot.
          But, your readings look good and it did work for years...

Can you identify where the smell came from?

Use your meter diode function to test the small transistors, they should measure the same.
          One of mine was shorted (zero ohms). But it didn't look burned, nothing did.

Gary

Comment

fuck me, that's bad.

i imagine the heatsink on the left would do a nice job IF THE FUCKING PART WAS ACTUALLY ATTACHED TO IT!!!

Comment

Thanks guys; I know the heat sink is not attached i did take out the screw,measurements were made with the Diode in place, if you say that the measurements i made are good then the diode is good ,as so the other 2 diodes on the other heat sink and all small transistors,and Caps, this cooler has a few years i already had repaired it once,i guess it's time to get a new one,thanks anyway.
              Last edited by ivtec; 07-29-2017, 10:32 AM.

Comment

ivtec,
                I wouldn't give up yet!
                You can check the big dual diode in reverse mode, put the red probe in the middle, readings should be high.. if so it is good, reattach it.
                What are the symtoms? Nothing works? Fans, LEDs work? Disconnect the big wires to the Peltier device and see if the fans work.
                What were the measurements on the two small transistors? BTW, the devices on the the other heatsink are transistors, not diodes.. however they would test the same with your meter.

It sounds like you have the same condition as I had, couldn't find anything blown!
                But in the end, it WAS a bad cap was all that was wrong on one of my boards!!
                If you can't/don't want to fix it, you may be able to just get a new power supply board.
                Try SearsPartsDirect... they still have replacements for my board.
                Gary

Comment

did you test the esr on the capacitors or just the uf readings is the primary side glass fuse ok? in the pictures one end looks black but could just be the picture
                  Last edited by vinceroger69; 07-29-2017, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                    did you test the esr on the capacitors or just the uf readings is the primary side glass fuse ok? in the pictures one end looks black but could just be the picture
                    Thanks vinceroger69; yes i tested all caps with my Cap-analyzer 88A,special those big caps and some of the small ones and all tested good ESR and capacity,all parts that can be tested seem to be ok, besides i don't want to spend money on parts,if i was certain that this or that part would solve the fault, i would go for it but a wild goose chaise no time for that,it already had a badl LCD control panel that i couldn't reed temp reeding.
                    Today i went to a Flee Market here in my area and found an old HAIER Mdl HVUEB06-RBG
                    6 bottles cooler almost new for 20 bucks which runs great and for now i'm set ,no need to loose time on this electronic board,if i come across a cheap board i'l buy it if not trash it.
                    And for other people has same issue that want to know more about these wine cooler go here ;forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/repair-thermoelectric-cooler.101748/
                    Also here:
                    Last edited by ivtec; 07-31-2017, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Ok, very basic repair guide...

"If the voltage is within AC100-120V, then test the output voltage, if the voltage is not within DC12-13V, then it must be the problem of the PCB, change the PCB."

Just get a new power supply! Or like you, go to flea market and get a
                      new fridge..

Well, I agree with getting a new power supply rather than just blindly swapping all its parts, that's what I did the first two times.
                      BUT, it you can find the one or two bad parts, its better to actually repair the problem.

Thanks,
                      Gary
                      Last edited by c5gary2; 08-06-2017, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X