Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microwave Whirpool error message

Hello,

I have a Whirpool microwave GH6208XRQ-0. The microwave is not heating. I changed the magnetron and it still have the same problem. The display gives me the message: "Error F7HVSMPS Feedback".

If anyone could help me fix this problem or advice what to check that might be not working, I would appreciate it.

Thank you,

Felix

Re: Microwave Whirpool error message

This is one of those new fancy microwaves that uses an inverter which supplies the magnetron with it's high voltage instead of a simple 60 hz step up transformer.

Which has been used in microwaves since their inception but surprisingly manufacturers deem them too reliable so they develop this inverter design. They do it under the guise of energy efficiency and more even heating. When in reality they're just trying to cut costs on the copper to wind the heavy 60 hz transformers.

I checked the parts lists and the issue with your unit is probably in the inverter assembly. Start by checking the rectifier diode on the inverter board for the magnetron. It will be a black square component with two leads somewhere near the inverter transformer.

Use the diode check of a DMM you should only read a voltage drop in one direction.

You don't replace a magnetron unless it has failed. They like to go open filament. Short from filament to cathode. Short from cathode to body or from filament to body. This can all be checked with the resistance function of a DMM shotgunning parts is never a good idea and gets expensive quick.

I haven't had to repair one of these "fancy" beats yet. But I have a pretty good idea about their operation.
    Last edited by Krankshaft; 12-21-2010, 03:29 PM.
    Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

Re: Microwave Whirpool error message

What's with that gentleman on TV advertising his microwave cookware which is made out of METAL but doesn't zap the microwave?
      "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Working...
      X