X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rework soldering iron station 852D+

What do you think about this sation?
    http://www.kadasupreme.com/main/page...ada_852d_.html
    I would like to order it. On Ebay cost about 70 Eur.
    Is a good station or is a piece of sh**?

Re: Rework soldering iron station 852D+

It's okay. Most people prefer those smaller stations (like the 898) that have the fan built into the hot air wand. But I find that these older and bigger stations like the 852+D are a little better built inside. In short, I'd say it's like this:

Pros:
    slightly better built quality

Cons:
    louder hot air (due to pump inside unit)
    hot air heating element protective tube is a little more fragile (it's glass vs. just metal for the small stations) - so DO NOT DROP IT.

As an owner of a 852+D, I'd say it's a decent station overall. Used it many many times to do reballs on smaller chips - it works great for that. I'm not too thrilled with the soldering iron though - it's a little weak. But then again, most other 2-in-1 rework stations have lousy irons too (usually only capable of 40W or so).

Comment

I've had my 852D++ since last August and have no complaints. I've always shut the air wand off as soon as I finished with it, even if I know I'm going to use it again in a few minutes. I figure it probably extends the life of the element.
      ------------signature starts here------------

Comment

What I found that matters more for these (in terms of extending the life) is to start the heat on the lowest temperature and then slowly ramp it up to the temperature you desire. Otherwise, the stations drives the heating element in the wand all they way to red-hot pretty much until the temperature reaches your desired temperature. But if you ramp it up slowly, you will avoid this "red-hot" heating element (unless of course you really do set it all the way to the max temperature).

The 852D+ has analog controls, so at least this is quite easy to do. But I'd find this quite annyoing on a digital station.
        Last edited by momaka; 03-01-2014, 01:13 AM.

Comment

When the heating element does break, you can patch it together with a piece of nichrome wire from an old hairdrier. Fixed mine 5 or 6 times i think, and i've had my station for about 4 years.
          Originally posted by PeteS in CA
          Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
          A working TV? How boring!

Comment

^ Interesting idea. I wonder if welding it would work. I've done this with type-K thermocouples. Just twist the wires together and run high current through the twisted part.

Comment

got mine 2 days ago used once for ten min and broke i would not buy again

Comment

Ouch. How did it break?

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
                  When the heating element does break, you can patch it together with a piece of nichrome wire from an old hairdrier. Fixed mine 5 or 6 times i think, and i've had my station for about 4 years.
                  Then again, i have a cheapo ZD-939B. We have the Gordaks at work, we have 4 of them (3 Gordak and one "Gaotong" clone). The pump broke in the clone, and the heating element died in one of the Gordaks, but they have been used heavily for many years.

The clone works ok after replacing the pump but is generally iffy. The two Gordaks which have never been serviced work great. To give you an idea of how heavily they've been used, the nozzle that's on them has stuck to them, and can't be removed anymore.
                  Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                  Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                  A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Originally posted by clearchris View Post
                    Ouch. How did it break?
                    i get a s-5 error come up and they take days to reply still done nothing about it and all they do is ship parts not what you need after little use

Comment

Originally posted by tonyuk View Post
                      i get a s-5 error come up and they take days to reply still done nothing about it and all they do is ship parts not what you need after little use
                      If you manage to get full refund, I have an sugestion for something truly well made.

http://www.ittsb.eu/YIHUA8508D+%20.html

Comment

Originally posted by Kiriakos GR View Post
                        If you manage to get full refund, I have an sugestion for something truly well made.

http://www.ittsb.eu/YIHUA8508D+%20.html
                        cant see a price for that ?

Comment

cant see a price for that ?
                          Its all there, if you are not interested to read all review, just navigate to the sellers web site.
                          And contact him for getting info regarding shipping cost.

Shipping cost is very low in all Europe, but either way you better verify that for UK too.

Comment

Its all there, if you are not interested to read all review, just navigate to the sellers web site.
                            And contact him for getting info regarding shipping cost.

Shipping cost is very low in all Europe, but either way you better verify that for UK too.
                            i tried the number but from uk says wrong number ?

Comment

He is in Estonia, you better send email.

Comment

It's $72 on eBay (plus shipping) ... scroll down a bit and it's there: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...=8508d&_sop=15

And it's an average station, but of course since Kiriakos got a freebie it's suddenly very good and worth buying in his opinion.
                                Last edited by mariushm; 03-03-2014, 03:08 PM.

Comment

they made by same people as who made the one i got ?

Comment

they made by same people as who made the one i got ?
                                    Yes, and they called as Chinese citizens. LOL

Comment

Yes, and they called as Chinese citizens. LOL
                                      they called take your money and run with email that dont work like there tools

Comment

Originally posted by mariushm View Post
                                        And it's an average station, but of course since Kiriakos got a freebie it's suddenly very good and worth buying in his opinion.
                                        Use your imagination in finding a girl friend, than making in your head product reviews.

Comment

Working...
                                        X