SMD hot air rework station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMD hot air rework station

I am looking to obtain a hot air smd rework station and was wondering what recommendations there are, areas covered to include some bga work. I am looking for a medium price bracket and have looked at some weller and pace offerings as I use a pace st115 solder extractor and a weller wi80 solder station and like the makes, but I don't want to spend £700 - £800. If one comes up on the second user market then maybe, but for now I am looking to spend between £150 - £250. I have been recommended to avoid fan in handle models, and do not require 2 in 1 models.

I came across several variants of Aoyue 852A+ SMD (500 watt element) Rework Stations but know nothing about the make.

They all seem to be around 500 watts for the hand-piece, with the pace sets being around the 600 watt

regards Mark

Re: SMD hot air rework station

you cant use hand held units for bga, you need a real station with a pre-heater.

Comment

Okies, so pass on the bga rework then for now, what thoughts on a decent smd hot air rework station then,

Comment

Quick 861DW

Comment

I have 872D+, I really like this station, the pump is quiet and has enough airflow for most IC-s I have soldered. Its still working without any issues after 2 years. The iron heats up in seconds so you dont have to keep it hot just in case .I bought mine twice the price, but baumtronics seems to have it on sale
          https://baumtronics.com/en/rework-st...k-station.html

Comment

Hi either HakKo If you want to spend not to much if you want to by great stuff JBC junk all the rest OTHER THEN WELLER or PACE WILL DO THE JOB.
            TECHMAN1025

Comment

After a lot of research I ended up settling for a Hakko FR802 for larger rework and boards with larger thermal mass, for reworking of smaller components and boards with lower thermal mass I settled for Pace Thermojet TJ70 both from the second hand circuit.

The Hakko was more a temp make do solution until such time as I can source a second hand Pace hot air convective rework system, I narrowly missed out on a ST325 system a little while ago

I have some investment in Weller, wps81 but went for Pace fairly early on in tooling.

I was considering JBC and it was a very close call between Pace and JBC, there seemed to be more availability for Pace on the used market though.
              Last edited by llonen; 12-14-2017, 05:31 PM.

Comment

https://www.maplin.co.uk/p/hakko-fx-...-station-a86uf

A normal soldering station but Maplins got it in there for you.

Take a peak.
                http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg305.pdf

Comment

For my main through hole conventional soldering and certain surface mount rework I use Pace, for general purpose PS90 soldering Iron and SX80 solder extraction alongside a mbt 250 controller system and for more detailed work a TD100 with a st45 controller.

It was at the time initial enquiry a hot air convective reflow system I was looking for.

To be honest I am not a great fan of Hakko, although the FR802 seems more than suitable for my larger smd rework requirements.

Thanks for the input though

Comment

Working...
                  X