Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beginner, practicing to unsolder on a lead free xbox 360 board, it is hell.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Beginner, practicing to unsolder on a lead free xbox 360 board, it is hell.

Well that explains it right there...

Comment

Hesitating between a KSGR T12 or Hakko FX600 iron.

Comment

what is FX600???
        i know FX951

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
          what is FX600???
          i know FX951
          https://www.hakko.com/english/products/hakko_fx600.html

Comment

looks like shit designed for schools - same tips as the junk 900m and 808d irons

Comment

As per its specs the Fx600 is only 50W. It would still struggle with big copper planes. The disadvantage (in my opinion) is its use of T18 tips which means you have to wait for the iron to cool down before you changing. Additionally if the heating element fails, you have a downtime until you get a replacement.

The FX951 as mentioned be stj is quite good (and also the one I use). The use if T12 tips means its hot swappable, therefore no need to wait for cool down to change tip. It is higher power and no down time (provided you have more than 1 tip ofcourse) if heating element fails since each tip/cartridge comes as a complete unit. The thing I do not like about it is you need genuine hakko T12 since the unit is very "picky". Using non-genuine tips is a more of a "lucky" process (I only have 1 out of 12 non-genuine T12 that works with my unit).

KSGER provides thermal properties of the hakko but also works with most T12 tips out there which are way cheaper than genuine hakko ones.

Comment

the real hakko unit also has a 2part handle that has clips that are known to break.
                hakko dont care - they consider the lower part to be a "consumable" and sell them in multiple colours.

Comment

True, and they aint cheap either. The fake chinese replacement ones are of pretty bad quality made with brittle plastic!

But then again, you could replace the handle with the FX9501. Which is what the KSGER handle design is based on if am not mistaken.

Comment

Working...
                  X