This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi everyone, my name is Francesco and I am interested in board repair. I am here to learn from people more knowledgeable than me. See you around in the forum!

Comment

::Greetingz::

I am synkoptik... first name Synk last name Optik. I'm originally from the United States but online I'm British mate... or Australian ey.

I'm completely new to hardware and hardware programnming but I'm here to hopefully pick up some pointers and share what I learn all while hopefully helping someone, just as i've been helped.

I a big librial type guy.. into freedom and rights for the people... stuff like that. Activist type though I yet to be active. Against oppression and against the War on Drugs!

that's its... live PROPER. Piece!

Comment

HI guys My name is Wayne I have been into electronics for 30 years
        Nice to be Here

Comment

Hiya , yeah new to the forum ...usually into vintage tech but still greedy for knowledge...lol
          Regards Paul

Comment

Hi, my name is Carlos, i'm from Venezuela, Regards

Comment

Hi, I'm from Algarve in Portugal. I'm new to this but have an interest in tech and currently trying to sort out a Hannspree TV problem. I got referred to Badcaps from another forum, so really looking forward to trying this out.

Comment

Hi Everyone!

Hi everyone, I'm Rich and I've been involved with electronics for over 40 years. I received my electronics training in the military, then spent 4 years in general electronics repair. I then went on to spend 20 years in telecommunications, retiring in 2006. After retiring from telecom but still working a part-time job, I tinkered with electronics for a few years before taking up vintage stereo repair. I thoroughly enjoy bringing mainly vintage 1970's receivers, amps, turntables, tape decks, and other vintage gear back to life.
                I seen some helpful posts from Badcaps in the past so thought I would sign up. Perhaps I'll be able to help out someone eventually too. I don't have an electrical engineering degree but I do possess years of electronics and telecommunications troubleshooting experience.
                I look forward to being a member of Badcaps.

Comment

Hi, Steve from London

Comment

Its Martin from Germany.
                    I came to this forum because I'd like to repair things rather than throwing them away. I need others experience and like to share mine
                    Cheers.

Comment

Heya, I'm Pietro from Italy!
                      I'm a programmer and a maker (3d print and industrial design).
                      I'm a bit of a noob at electronics, but I try in my free time.

Comment

Hey all, I'm Joko from Malaysia!
                        I'm a hardware EE engineer.
                        I do have some basics in electronic, but I'm new to the repair world

Comment

HI
                          As the screen name suggests I'm 59 which will be age when joining (not changing it every year). left school at 16, since then work life is split 60/40 between car/truck repair and print finishing. Always had an interest in computers (started with a zx81) /electronics repair with varying degrees of success. Now due to health reasons have more time to dabble in electronic repair, and as this site has been recommended by numerous youtubers thought I would give it a go. Never too old to learn.

Comment

Hello Everybody
                            I'm Gil from Israel. Also known by the nickname "Indium"
                            Doing electronics for about two decades now...but undoubtedly BT headphones and speakers are the forte in the last few years. Other hobbies include long walks on the beach , science fiction books and movies , beer and chocolate (lots of it actually ...)
                            Glad to be here

Comment

hello

Comment

Hi from the UK

I'm Glenn, a Mechanical Design Engineer by trade. However I have always been into building my own PC's since the early 90's.

I like to fix things like an engineer does. As the saying goes... If it ain't broke, break it! And if it's broke, break it some more! Now that it's definitely broke, FIX IT!

As a novice electronics hobbyist including the micro stuff, I try to dive right in and out of my comfort zone to see if I can fix the stuff I can't see... Elec-trickery.

Kind regards

Comment

Hello from AZ, found this site when I had pulled my P4M900-M4 out of storage and saw it had some bad caps. Oh no!, so I googled some of the numbers on the caps and this site came up as the first result with someone several years back who had to same problem. I am glad there's a community like this for such a thing. Even though it is an older board, it's still neat to mess with from time to time.

Comment

Greeting Everyone!
                                    I am a physics student from Pakistan and i am very interested in learning about board repair. I am a firm believer in Right To Repair movement and i hope to see it in every aspect of technology.

Comment

Hello there! i'm Victor from Santiago, Chile.

I work at technical (level 3, ie. board-level) repair & support for a big brand of radio comms equipment. And in my free time, I like to dabble with anything electronic that falls on my hands: vintage computers, car infotainment/control, computer parts, electric scooters, TVs etc. Sometimes for profit, many times for fun.

Knew about this forum for YEARS but never registered, partly 'cause my English was piss-poor back then ... not anymore thankfully. I like to "document" my findings so I hope to be of help for someone (and be helped a bit if needed, too).

Have a great day everyone.

Comment

Hello there I'm from Philippines
                                        Glad to joint in this wonderful forum

Comment

Hey all, glad to be joining the forum

Comment

Working...
                                          X