• Show
Clear All

Re: Eeprom dump thread!

1. Format a stick with FAT32
    2. Unzip and put the 4 files directly on the stick
    3. Insert the stick into the TV
    4. Press and hold the OK key on the remote control
    5. Plug in the TV
    6. The TV's stby LED flashes slowly and then quickly. Now release the OK key
    7. Wait for it to finish. It may take 5-10 minutes.
    If after this operation the remote control is no longer useful, use a programmable one or a Vestel one.

Comment

Originally posted by yokoono View Post
      1. Format a stick with FAT32
      2. Unzip and put the 4 files directly on the stick
      3. Insert the stick into the TV
      4. Press and hold the OK key on the remote control
      5. Plug in the TV
      6. The TV's stby LED flashes slowly and then quickly. Now release the OK key
      7. Wait for it to finish. It may take 5-10 minutes.
      If after this operation the remote control is no longer useful, use a programmable one or a Vestel one.
      Thank you i will try it once the remote arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
        Thank you i will try it once the remote arrives.
        Hi remote came and mainboard will not take the update at all i just get a brief flash of backlight at power on ( i do have a diffrent mainboard that uses the same panel the tv powers on and works ok) i cant keep this board in the set as is missing some ports like scart rca plugs extra hdmi port but board swap proves psu and backilights work fine so must be a fault on main bga ic i guess.

Comment

Does anyone have EEPROM or SPI FLASH firmware for 60" LG model 60LB5200?
          Mainboard is 5800-A6M630-0P20
          part number COV32945801
          See attached image of mainboard.

Thanks in advance.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Unspun01 View Post
            Does anyone have EEPROM or SPI FLASH firmware for 60" LG model 60LB5200?
            Mainboard is 5800-A6M630-0P20
            part number COV32945801
            See attached image of mainboard.

Thanks in advance.
            Post your non-working spi flash dump here, I'll try to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
              Post your non-working spi flash dump here, I'll try to fix it.
              Hi lotas:

Thank you for replying.

I attach two files:

[1] NON-WORKING SPI flash dump from 60" LG model 60LB5200-UA.

[2] WORKING SPI flash dump from 65" LG model 65LB5200-UA.

Normal TV behavior upon plug-in is for power LED to flash green for a second or two, then turn red and stay red until power button is pressed on TV or remote.

Problem symptom is green power LED upon plug-in, and stays green at all times. No response to any buttons on TV, or remote. No backlights, no audio, no video. Completely unresponsive.

I tried the BIN file for the 65", and my TV turns on, but image is very bad with psychedelic rainbow colors since it uses a completely different panel. I only upload for you in case it helps you determine fault by comparison.

I hope to hear from you.
              Attached Files

Comment

Ok, do you know the model (processor number) of MStar?

Comment

Ok, do you know the model (processor number) of MStar?
                  Hi lotas:

Processor under heat sink is MSD3393LU.

Comment

Done, try it.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Done, try it.
                      Hi lotas:

Thank you - I downloaded the file but no time to try it today. I will try tomorrow and report back.

I have a question though - The original BIN file I uploaded is 4,194,304 bytes. The file you uploaded is 3,173,140 bytes. There is larger than 1MB difference in file size.

I expected the files to be the same size. Is the file you uploaded the correct size? How can I program this smaller file? Do I need to fill or pad with 1's or 0's? I don't know much about that.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi lotas:

Thank you - I downloaded the file but no time to try it today. I will try tomorrow and report back.

I have a question though - The original BIN file I uploaded is 4,194,304 bytes. The file you uploaded is 3,173,140 bytes. There is larger than 1MB difference in file size.

I expected the files to be the same size. Is the file you uploaded the correct size? How can I program this smaller file? Do I need to fill or pad with 1's or 0's? I don't know much about that.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks.
                        Hello, it's not so bad that the size is smaller, the programmer will fill the free space by itself FF FF...

Comment

Hello, it's not so bad that the size is smaller, the programmer will fill the free space by itself FF FF...
                          Hi lotas:

The .BIN file you modified for 60" LG model 60LB5200 is working for my TV.

Thank you very much!

What was the problem? How did you find the problem? What did you do to fix the problem?

Comment

Done, try it.
                            hello bro, how do your repair bin files.any special tool for that or you are a programmer.

Comment

Hi lotas:

Here is SPI flash dump from 32" RCA RLED3216A. Mainboard is CV318H-X with MSD3391DS processor. The EEPROM at position U10 is Winbond W25Q16V.

The TV turns on, displays the RCA logo, then screen flashes entirely green for a split second, then clearly shows the channel number 2-0 in upper corner with static on screen (it is not connected to antenna), then resets itself continuously.

Please have a look at it and let me know if you can assist.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hi lotas:

Here is SPI flash dump from 32" RCA RLED3216A. Mainboard is CV318H-X with MSD3391DS processor. The EEPROM at position U10 is Winbond W25Q16V.

The TV turns on, displays the RCA logo, then screen flashes entirely green for a split second, then clearly shows the channel number 2-0 in upper corner with static on screen (it is not connected to antenna), then resets itself continuously.

Please have a look at it and let me know if you can assist.
                                The core is whole, cut off the tail, try it.
                                Attached Files

Comment

The core is whole, cut off the tail, try it.
                                  Hi lotas:

My 32" RCA model RLED3216A is now working after re-programming my existing EEPROM IC with your "fixed" .BIN file.

Thank you for your assistance!

When you "cut off the tail", what does deleting this information do? In the "fixed" file, it looks like you deleted everything including and after offset 0018F504h? How did you determine where to delete the remainder of data?

This offset is certainly specific to this file and may not apply to other files, but I think it would be great to know how you picked this location?

Thanks again!

Comment

The core itself is in the dump, this is its software, panel, remote ... and eeprom (the tail that I cut off) it stores the settings, after deleting this eeprom section, when you turn on the TV for the first time, the processor itself prescribes the initial settings, like from a store.

Comment

looking for samsung tv model no.LA32C4OO EEPROM DUMP thank you i appreciate it a lot
                                      Last edited by dyomil; 03-26-2022, 12:39 AM.

Comment

i need eeprom dump to flash my samsung tv model no.LA32C400 main board model LOLA3_C400 please help

Comment

Originally posted by dyomil View Post
                                          i need eeprom dump to flash my samsung tv model no.LA32C400 main board model LOLA3_C400 please help
                                          This is suitable from Samsung LN32C400E4 L0LA3_C400
                                          BN41-01526A (25Q64VFIG)?

Comment

Working...
                                          X