Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medion Akoya MD98920 P7624 No CPU and GPU Voltages

Hello,

need a little help with this notebook, I coould not find any reference on the web.

The motherboard is M71P MB 10294-1, found only that is similar to an Acer V5-531 MB, attached the schematic I'm using as reference.

It was not powering at all, found the first mosfet PU3801 shorted on the board, on the schematic is named PU3802, replaced and now it powers on power LED on, but no screen and also the fan does not spin.

Missing CPU Vcore and CPU integrated GFX Vcore, and also the Nvidia GPU Vcore.

Ram Voltage is present as well 3,3V and 5V.

According to the schematic power sequence, there need to be first:

PM_SLP_S4# that I measured on pin 11 of PU4601 and is high 3,3V
    then PM_SLP_S3# that is low 0V measured on pin 2 of PU4701
    both of those signals come from the PCH.

I'm wondering if it is a bad chipset or could be a BIOS issue, I couldn't find any bios dump for this board.
    I already tried with a CleanME on the dump I made, but the issue is the same.

Maybe is the BIOS itself that is corrupt, attached the original dump I made.
    Attached Files

Re: Medion Akoya MD98920 P7624 No CPU and GPU Voltages

Please post all laptop bios requests here -> https://www.badcaps.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Re: Medion Akoya MD98920 P7624 No CPU and GPU Voltages

Go through each power supply controller, check for power good signals on each using datasheets. I had a memory controller once producing the right voltage, but no power good signal as the chip was damaged from liquid. You won't get all power good signal to enable Vcore without all other rails working and valid.

Comment

Working...
      X