Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Probook 450 G6

Hi Guys,

I have this machine that came in with a strange issue, i dont have proper history and so far no schematics for the board.

The board model number is dax8jmb16e0 rev e

The laptop works fine when its switched on and when your turn it off in windows or with a power button, the fan starts running full speed until the battery is dead.

the voltage on the blue pwm wire changes when the fan ramps up or down when the using the laptop, as soon as you switch the laptop off, there constant 5v on the pwm wire and i think this is what is causing the fan to run, without schematics i cant really trace the source of the 5v or find the chip that is supplying or controlling the power to the fan.

Not sure if anyone has cone across something like this or has an idea on what i should be focusing on to fix this.

I am tempted to cut the pwm wire and run a 3v wire to the fan so that the fan runs when the laptop is on but not a full speed, but this will still mean there is a chip thats producing the 5v constantly when the laptop is off. Maybe i am wrong so please share your thoughts

Re: HP Probook 450 G6

Your VS voltage is not turned off. Try replacing the ic which converts ALWto VS. Newer motherboards have 14pin ICfor this purpose eg G5016. You need to probe this IC on EN pins. I think your Enable is not turned off when you turn the laptop off.

Comment

Thank you @mcplslg123, i will have a look and will update the thread

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
        Your VS voltage is not turned off. Try replacing the ic which converts ALWto VS. Newer motherboards have 14pin ICfor this purpose eg G5016. You need to probe this IC on EN pins. I think your Enable is not turned off when you turn the laptop off.
        Thank you very much i managed to fix the laptop today based on your suggestion.

Comment

Good to know that.

Comment

Originally posted by ScorpioMan86 View Post
            by changing ic ?

Comment

hello, what ic did you change??

Comment

can you please advise me what it's like in the photo? was burned so I don't know what it is. or if someone had a scheme I would be grateful.
                Attached Files

Comment

I have the same problem on a Probook 640 g1. When I try to shut the laptop off, the fan stays on full power. Can someone point me to the location of that VS voltage switching component G5016 (if that's the one on the 640 board)?

Comment

Originally posted by loopster View Post
                    I have the same problem on a Probook 640 g1. When I try to shut the laptop off, the fan stays on full power. Can someone point me to the location of that VS voltage switching component G5016 (if that's the one on the 640 board)?
                    Hi There,

I no longer have access to the board is question but i have the attached board as a donor and have marked the chips i replaced to fix the issue i had. Unfortunately we were in a bit of a rush when doing this repair and did not test an individual component but replaced all 3 chips to fix the issue.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Cheers mate for your assistance, much appreciated.

Unfortunately there isn't a single one of those 14-pin ICs on the Probook 640 G1. Anyone got schematics and/or boardview files of the 6050A2566302-MB-A04 by any chance?

Oh, btw. the lower Ram slot appears not to be working. When i put the Ram module in there, the laptop won't POST.
                      Could that also cause this issue? Might retouching the solder pins work?
                      Last edited by loopster; 05-13-2022, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Cheers mate for your assistance, much appreciated.

Unfortunately there isn't a single one of those 14-pin ICs on the Probook 640 G1. Anyone got schematics and/or boardview files of the 6050A2566302-MB-A04 by any chance?
                        You`re already off-topic in this thread...

Laptop schematic requests go here -> https://www.badcaps.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41

Use the forum seach https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...t=6050A2566302
                        Attached Files
                        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Sorry for breaking etiquette, SMDFlea, I am a newb here...

To describe my issue, which is similar to OT's, in a bit more detail:
                          the big overall problem is, as soon as I connect the laptop to the power adapter or i plug in the battery, all voltage rails are instantly up (19V, 5, 3.3) and the fan spins full speed. Also, the Wifi and mute button are lit instantly. However, the laptop is still in an off-state!
                          When I press the power button, the fan goes out and the laptop boots to UEFI bios or linux live and works just fine as normal.
                          When I put the devide to sleep or power off, I am back to a lit mute and wifi button and fan on full speed.
                          Btw, just cleaned the MB and ram slots with denatured alcohol, and bottom ram slot is now working also, so that's not the root cause either.

Comment

Sry for my noobish question, I am still figuring out this stuff
                            Is U6100 (TPS51225CRUKR) the component that is causing this problem here, as it enables the 3V and 5V buck converters?
                            Thanks for any helpful input
                            Attached Files

Comment

Could this issue be also caused by a faulty Intel Management Engine and would
                              cleaning the ME region solve it, or is it more likely a hardware issue?
                              Which component could cause such a behaviour?

Comment

Could this issue be also caused by a faulty Intel Management Engine and would
                                cleaning the ME region solve it, or is it more likely a hardware issue?
                                Which component could cause such a behaviour?
                                Start your own thread please...
                                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Working...
                                X