HP EliteBook x360 1020 G2 6050A2895901-mb-a01 BIOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP EliteBook x360 1020 G2 6050A2895901-mb-a01 BIOS

Hi Guys, I hope you can help me out with these two dumps. There's a BIOS psw. Thanks in advance!
    MX25L6473FZN and W25Q128JVPQ
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mirai; 03-10-2021, 03:56 PM.

Re: HP EliteBook x360 1020 G2 6050A2895901-mb-a01 BIOS

Originally posted by mirai View Post
    Hi Guys, I hope you can help me out with these two dumps. There's a BIOS psw. Thanks in advance!
    MX25L6473FZN and W25Q128JVPQ
    try..
    Attached Files
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Hi peste,

Thank you for the cleaned version. As I understand, 8 MB dump should stay the same?

I tried to write the cleaned 16 MB dump, but the notebook could not start. Flashing yellow/white charge light, tries to start, fan speed increases until max and it restarts to the same.

I flashed the backup back of 16 MB chip, but result is the same - fans high, yellow/white led flashing. I wonder what is the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
        try..
        Hi Guys,

Could anyone give another try at cleaning the dumps? Thank you in advance.

Br,
        mirai

Comment

HP EliteBook x360 1020 G2 BIOS password removal

Hi all! I hope you can help me out with these two dumps. There's a BIOS password I need to remove. Thanks in advance!

MX25L6473FZN and W25Q128JVPQ, 6050A2895901-mb-a01 motherboard.

Pete has previously provided me a Orig+P90_0138.rar but it does not work, led is flashing, fans spinning, black screen.

If you have info what needs to be cleaned and how, please share so I can try fixing myself, thanks.
          Attached Files

Comment

Is there a reason you guys do not reply for me? I am really stuck here.. Should I donate or something? Please help.
            Last edited by mirai; 04-13-2021, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Is there a reason you guys do not reply for me? I am really stuck here.. Should I donate or something? Please help.
              No, this site is for free help,nothing needed , only a bit of patience.
              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

"Well, it's standard UEFI definition..."
                Slava Uhani
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Vesko356; 05-16-2022, 08:33 AM.
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                Become a Badcaps supporter
                >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                Thanks to all supporters.​
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Hi Vesko356, thanks for a attempt. I do get the same result no matter it is your cleaned dump, the one I made with RCUnlocker, or the one I bought from someone:

In sequence:

Orange/white LED flashes for a few seconds, 7-10 times;
                  All off;
                  White power LED powers on, orange is on, fans try to kick in but stop;
                  White LED off, orange stays lit, fans kick in and go to 100%, nothing else happens.

I am starting to think something wrong is with motherboard, even though it was functioning fine before the reading/flashing the EC and BIOS. Sometimes if I read both flash chips, I can see that contents are modified by PC. I assume SecureBoot is trying to recover BIOS/EC original content..

Does anyone else have any idea how to go forward?

Comment

Hi Vesko356, thanks for a attempt. I do get the same result no matter it is your cleaned dump, the one I made with RCUnlocker, or the one I bought from someone:

In sequence:

All off;
                    White LED off, orange stays lit, fans kick in and go to 100%, nothing else happens.

I am starting to think something wrong is with motherboard, even though it was functioning fine before the reading/flashing the EC and BIOS. Sometimes if I read both flash chips, I can see that contents are modified by PC. I assume SecureBoot is trying to recover BIOS/EC original content..

Does it boot with the original (locked) bios?

Comment

In sequence:

All off;

You try using RC Unlocker then clear ME the unlocked file

Thanks to all supporters.
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                        You try using RC Unlocker then clear ME the unlocked file
                        If the factory bios is dumped correctly (verified) from the chip, there is no need to clean (additionally) the ME firmware, if the problem is only the password.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                          If the factory bios is dumped correctly (verified) from the chip, there is no need to clean (additionally) the ME firmware, if the problem is only the password.
                          Is there a way to check whether the dump was made correctly? I have done 5 readings of each, all were verified, all are bit-identical. I do program with Rasp Pi, chose low speed, etc.

I know it is a dumb question, perhaps there is a straight forward answer to that.

Comment

Just checked it. No, same behavior. I assume it's either the dumps were incorrect or HW damage. Would you know if I can do some merging of the locked dump with a clean one to produce something that might work? I think peste did somethin similar.

I am not sure if there is anything wrong with HW. The EC and BIOS ICs are working, I checked the pull up/downs around, seems fine.

I actually read all the threads with EliteBooks 10x0 requested to be unlocked. A few similar cases of fan spinning, LEDs flashing but everyone seemed to be able to at least roll back to original locked state.

Comment

I would hate to throw away such a nice laptop..

Comment

Is there a way to check whether the dump was made correctly? I have done 5 readings of each, all were verified, all are bit-identical. I do program with Rasp Pi, chose low speed, etc.

I know it is a dumb question, perhaps there is a straight forward answer to that.
                                This is usually enough to make sure the chip is read correctly. Even two or three readings of the chip that are identical to each other mean that the chip is read correctly. Unless, of course they are all FF
                                BTW you didn't answered my question - Does it boot with the original (locked) bios?

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                                  This is usually enough to make sure the chip is read correctly. Even two or three readings of the chip that are identical to each other mean that the chip is read correctly. Unless, of course they are all FF
                                  BTW you didn't answered my question - Does it boot with the original (locked) bios?
                                  I know! I was so sure at the time that they are fine and now I am in doubt. Anyways, the RCunlocker shows the info, except MAC address being zeros. Thus, I assume something is read for sure.

To answer your question, I just checked it, no it does not boot. Same behavior.

Comment

I know! I was so sure at the time that they are fine and now I am in doubt. Anyways, the RCunlocker shows the info, except MAC address being zeros. Thus, I assume something is read for sure.

To answer your question, I just checked it, no it does not boot. Same behavior.
                                    Did you flash both the originals back, in the same places, you havn`t mixed them up ?
                                    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                                      Did you flash both the originals back, in the same places, you havn`t mixed them up ?
                                      First I read "soldered" in the same places, but then it made me think, could I have mixed them up.. Probably not, but I will double check that.

Also, due to many flashing attempts, I have the ICs unsoldered and in the adapters, connected to either Rasp Pi or the motherboard through 8 pin connector. I wonder if the relatively long cables have any influence on communication with motherboard, I assume it runs 200-400 MHz depending on dual/quad mode while RPi has max 16MHz (?).

Should I try to construct the new image by merging old dump with a new BIOS? Any other ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                                        Hi SMDFlea, do you recall what did you do or what was the problem with this particular case? The blank screen and white/yellow flashing sounds familiar and the guy eventually had it solved.

Comment

Working...
                                        X