Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this Samsung UN70NU6070FXZC 70 inch TV worth keeping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this Samsung UN70NU6070FXZC 70 inch TV worth keeping?

Have a UN70NU6070FXZC that I finally got working with the tape trick (youtube video) covering some of the LVDS cable connections. Picture was great for a few months then I went to turn it on one day and got no image. Background LEDs and sound work ok but I tried many combinations of the tape trick but couldn't produce an image this time. Could I have just been extending the death of the panel? From what I researched, is it the video driver that may be toast?
    Any input would be appreciated...

Re: Is this Samsung 70 inch worth keeping?

see what kind of dispaly you get with one tcon ribbon at a time hooked up, always hook and unhook cables with tv unplugged.

Comment

your tcon might have went out, 2 months on the tape cut-off method seems very short.

Comment

see if you have 12 volts on each side of tcon fuse, neg. probe on chassis ground.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions...
          On this model, the T-Con board is part of the Main Board.
          I'm not sure what to measure on the main...

Comment

Plus I tried to hook only one ribbon at a time and nothing...

Comment

if you have optical out port on mainboard is it lit red?

Comment

What are the 2 outcomes of the optical out light if lit or not lit?

Comment

ok, unhook lvds from mainboard to panel driver board. Test the little caps on the panel driver board, test for a short, diode mode, neg probe on ground, pos probe on each side of capacitor, doesn't matter which probe goes to ground in this case, one side should continuous beep or read close to 000, other side should not beep or have a reading something far from 000, if you find a short, it may be only one cap or it may be something else making it read short. Can also test for very low ohms in ohm mode, these tests done with tv UNPLUGGED from power.

Comment

Originally posted by Lupin3 View Post
                    What are the 2 outcomes of the optical out light if lit or not lit?
                    if steady light, the mainboard may be ok, if not lit mainboard probably has a problem, if not lit, maybe unhook cable from mainboard to panel driver board, see if it lights up. ALWAYS make connections with tv unplugged, to avoid any unwanted surges that can happen sometimes.
                    Last edited by nomoresonys; 05-15-2022, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Sounds good. I'll diagnose and report back another day (must get some zzz's for work).
                      Thanks "nomoresonys"

Comment

Re: Is this Samsung UN70NU6070FXZC 70 inch TV worth keeping?

Optical Lite works on Main Board.

I hope I am testing correctly (see attached pic)...I tested the caps and most read properly as you said but 3 or 4 caps I cannot get them to beep or measure. Is it possible to block these caps out with tape on the LVDS lines? I know the video driver board is one unit with the panel and I'm far from being a pro about replacing caps...
                        Attached Files

Comment

I thought you said you already tried it in the first post but it didn't work again.

Comment

Yes it did work with the tape the first time. This time I can't restore the image after positioning the tape in endless ways...perhaps more caps blown?
                            I'm a newbie at attempting to fix this and trying to justify a big spend on this tv with the warranty now expired.

Comment

those caps are very inexpensive, you can also probably find them in an old laptop or such, just need to make sure they are labeled with a C for cap and not L for inductor, they can look similar but are not the same.

Comment

probably need to verify a short first tho, maybe you know someone who can do some soldering or can work with these types or maybe practice on a scrap board.

Comment

It isn't particularly hard but it can take some patients and a little practice, dealing with small parts.

Comment

Yes - patience I got but I drink too much coffee to work on replacing the caps because of the small parts involved you really need steady hands.

I checked the other side of the driver board and found a few caps not beeping too... should all caps be showing something when tv is unplugged?

Can I definitely rule out a Main Board issue? Was hoping to buy a replacement but if this is not the problem then I guess will sell it for parts on ebay...

Thanks for all your help by the way

Comment

I've checked (continuity) more caps on the integrated Main/T-Con Board and found some not reading either...I'm testing with the power unplugged.

If anyone could help me in deciding if there's a chance that the Main Board is not functioning correctly and keeps the led driver/image from showing?

I know there's are a lot of factors at play here but to narrow down to only one problem item (if that's even possible) would help me decide if to order an expensive Main Board or call it quits b/c of the video driver/panel.

Comment

Ok, after more tedious trial and errors with the tape trick, I managed to have an image once again!
                                        I even managed to eliminate any horizontal lines by moving the tape to different pins.
                                        The only thing I can't get rid of is that across the 1/4 to 1/3 top of the screen is a brighter bar noticeable from all the lower part of the entire screen. Can't watch without noticing it!
                                        I'm stuck...
                                        Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                                        X