Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panasonic Toughbook CF-C2 please remove bios password!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic Toughbook CF-C2 please remove bios password!

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
    Try
    Does this need flashing through a clip?

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
      Try
      Thanks for trying hoaca......unfortunately that didnt work.

I saw that you had nulled out the password.....I think that was tried earlier in this thread and it was agreed the bios password is saved elsewhere also and gets replaced if nulled.

Edit....after flashing your modified bios.rom.....I redumped it and sure enough the password is back.
      Last edited by joesnose; 04-14-2022, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your feedback

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
        Become a Badcaps supporter
        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
        Thanks to all supporters.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by joesnose View Post
          Thanks for trying hoaca......unfortunately that didnt work.

I saw that you had nulled out the password.....I think that was tried earlier in this thread and it was agreed the bios password is saved elsewhere also and gets replaced if nulled.

Edit....after flashing your modified bios.rom.....I redumped it and sure enough the password is back.
          @joesnose
          After flashing the BIOS, on the first boot, enter a password as administrator.

Comment

Originally posted by onizzbox View Post
            @joesnose
            I am currently at work but will definately try this later.

Thanks onizzbox.

Comment

out of interest is there anyway to flash the bios.bin file from post #45 but from inside windows? Or if someone who has flashed this bios made a backup bios.rom file......would that work?

Comment

Originally posted by onizzbox View Post
                @joesnose

Unfortunately that didnt work.

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                  Sorry,modded some other things but forgot to remove the AMITSE pass .
                  Any chance you could share what you edited to make this work......not sure what model cf-c2 that bios is for. Would like to buy a clip but unsure if I am wasting my time.

Thanks.

Comment

this is the hexbody found using UEFITool NE....

Code:
                    5B4CB63411A36CE4C73122657D41D84E
                    33058E13E936444C9FECFAE15551B057
                    0BD0660EC12E1C527716D2A92D3D88D0
                    E3633EF7998AF41D4FB1AA4405D8606B
                    You would need a pro to perform a miracle decoding that

Any chance you could share what you edited to make this work......not sure what model cf-c2 that bios is for. Would like to buy a clip but unsure if I am wasting my time.

Thanks.
                    You might not be able to read the chip using a clip, but the CH341A with clip is cheap and usually comes with an SOP8 adapter board as well.If you can`t read it with a clip then you`ll have to desolder it,it can be done with a temperature controlled soldering iron if you have one,its not easy and you risk damaging the pads and traces,its easier to desolder with a hot air station. A local repair shop could do that for you
                    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                      You would need a pro to perform a miracle decoding that

You might not be able to read the chip using a clip, but the CH341A with clip is cheap and usually comes with an SOP8 adapter board as well.If you can`t read it with a clip then you`ll have to desolder it,it can be done with a temperature controlled soldering iron if you have one,its not easy and you risk damaging the pads and traces,its easier to desolder with a hot air station. A local repair shop could do that for you
                      Do you know what exact model your bios2 file is for? And what you edited to clear the bios password......would it be possible to edit in bios.rom or it has to be bios.bin?

Comment

I found a winner.........Followed instructions here.

https://davedippenaar.wordpress.com/...ios_passwords/

Havnt tried reset to defaults to see if it overwrites but there is no password request at boot.

Should I copy instructions here in case that site dissapears?

Comment

Havnt tried reset to defaults to see if it overwrites but there is no password request at boot.

As I understand it, the author runs these on the same machine that is bundling the bios password?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                          Become a Badcaps supporter
                          >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                          Thanks to all supporters.
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

You should definitely try to load bios defaults, in my case (laptop model # had M in the end) the password always overwritten after defaults set.
                            Only solution, flash smdflea's rom.

Comment

Originally posted by Andreasbest View Post
                              You should definitely try to load bios defaults, in my case (laptop model # had M in the end) the password always overwritten after defaults set.
                              Only solution, flash smdflea's rom.
                              No M on mine......load defaults and my password survives.

Now I am wondering how to unlock some advanced settings....there is not many options in here! Lol at least tis easier to usb boot.

Comment

No M on mine......load defaults and my password survives.

Now I am wondering how to unlock some advanced settings....there is not many options in here! Lol at least tis easier to usb boot.
                                Congratulations for not M mate!
                                Beware for M models, stay away.

Comment

Originally posted by Andreasbest View Post
                                  Congratulations for not M mate!
                                  Beware for M models, stay away.
                                  Thanks....had almost given up, lol. Like I said the bios is fairly limited. Probably switch to uefi....not much else in here.

Comment

Just going to add my bios here for anyone it helps....this is dumped from a cf-c2 mk-2, model c2c.... it has the password nulled in two places and is in .rom form which is flashable from inside windows.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Just going to add my bios here for anyone it helps....this is dumped from a cf-c2 mk-2, model c2c.... it has the password nulled in two places and is in .rom form which is flashable from inside windows.
                                      Thank you mate, i'll keep it in mind in case a M model ever comes again to my hands, i want really badly to try it.

Comment

please , help me ,,Could someone remove the BIOS password... from my BIOS dump or provide me with the password please? Panasonic CF C2 eprom 25l12873f
                                        Attached Files

Comment

@hugos31
                                          Before you try this patched BIOS file, which programmer model are you using? if CH341A programmer, make sure you have a good backup of your BIOS before trying this file.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X