X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

Originally posted by woodpud View Post
    The chip I'm trying to read is 25Q80DVSIG 1948
    But why? I told you the right chip is 25Q128. Stop touching 25Q80, which is thunderbolt 3 eeprom.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
      But why? I told you the right chip is 25Q128. Stop touching 25Q80, which is thunderbolt 3 eeprom.
      i dont have 25Q128 option,

Comment

Change programmer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
        Become a Badcaps supporter
        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
        Thanks to all supporters.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
          No no no . Your T470S file has been corrupted. Read again. Be careful, you can damage your own device if you fail to create a good backup file.
          thanks a lot.
          t460s is working.
          I can't read the bin file for t470s anymore, because I put another file on it.
          is there a way to reproduce the bin file or play a cleanup file on it

Comment

Originally posted by A_rachid11 View Post
            thanks a lot.
            t460s is working.
            I can't read the bin file for t470s anymore, because I put another file on it.
            is there a way to reproduce the bin file or play a cleanup file on it
            And what happened when you replaced the locked bios file with one from another device ??? It doesn't work?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
            Become a Badcaps supporter
            >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
            Thanks to all supporters.
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

lenovo t450 need patch bios please

Comment

What option? In programmer software? Stop looking from there. Look at your motherboard and find a different chip. 25Q80 is not the correct chip, that's thunderbolt eeprom, not bios.

Comment

Hi, just joined to unlock a laptop of mine.

I have a noob question:

Why not flash a new clean bios file (downloadable directly from Lenovo) into the chip?

Thanks

Comment

@drjlt
                    You will find your answer if you just read a few related threads in this forum.

Answer:
                    Because the Supervisor Password IS NOT stored in the BIOS chip, but in the EC/KBC chip. When the ThinkPad BIOS file is patched, a couple of DXE drivers are injected into it which will do the "cleaning" of the EC/KBC built-in EEPROM.

Comment

Originally posted by AAAC View Post
                      @drjlt
                      You will find your answer if you just read a few related threads in this forum.

Answer:
                      Because the Supervisor Password IS NOT stored in the BIOS chip, but in the EC/KBC chip. When the ThinkPad BIOS file is patched, a couple of DXE drivers are injected into it which will do the "cleaning" of the EC/KBC built-in EEPROM.
                      Thanks.

Yes, I guessed that some arrangement like this must be the reason after reading more. Didn't find the exact reason as you stated.

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...42&postcount=4
                        OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Hello guys! I have tried this patch with a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga 4th (20QG) and after patching all I get is a black screen and power button flashing. Anyone knows what I might have done wrong or what should I try? I have attached original dump and patched dump here, maybe it helps. I did remove ssd and put some tape on the cover tamper protection but to no avail. Thank you in advance!
                          Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-25-2023, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Remove cmos and main battery and try once

Comment

@cmn.fix
                              Most likely Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga 4th (20QG) can not be patched as this is a 32MB BIOS, which most of the times contains a BACKUP of the BIOS and the actual "WORKING" BIOS.

In this case the BIOS Region contains 26 Volumes, these are a few of the copies found (VolBackupBIOS:VolWorkingBIOS): 2:6, 3:7, 9:16, 10:14, 11:15, 12:13, 17:22, 18:23, 19:24, 20:25, 21:26.

The "black screen and power button flashing" that you get is because both copies of the BIOS are being patched. If only the "working" BIOS is patched, then the ThinkPad executes the "Self-Healing" code, which copies the backup BIOS onto the "working" BIOS. If this protection could be disabled then the patch would work.
                              For the moment the only option is to use an EC/KBC programmer.

Comment

Originally posted by AAAC View Post
                                @cmn.fix
                                Most likely Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga 4th (20QG) can not be patched as this is a 32MB BIOS, which most of the times contains a BACKUP of the BIOS and the actual "WORKING" BIOS.

In this case the BIOS Region contains 26 Volumes, these are a few of the copies found (VolBackupBIOS:VolWorkingBIOS): 2:6, 3:7, 9:16, 10:14, 11:15, 12:13, 17:22, 18:23, 19:24, 20:25, 21:26.

The "black screen and power button flashing" that you get is because both copies of the BIOS are being patched. If only the "working" BIOS is patched, then the ThinkPad executes the "Self-Healing" code, which copies the backup BIOS onto the "working" BIOS. If this protection could be disabled then the patch would work.
                                For the moment the only option is to use an EC/KBC programmer.
                                Thank you for taking the time to answer! I guess I'll have to leave it aside for when a solution comes up. Would try that EC/KBC programmer but looks quite complicated at the moment.

Comment

Need Help to enable MFG model in lenovo
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Can someone please patch bios file for a Lenovo X270

Thanks in advance
                                    Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-25-2023, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Hello, I received the CH341a today. I see that the chip is Winbond 25Q80DVNIG 1816, which dumps to just 1MB.

Is this the correct BIOS chip?

Update: Found another Winbond chip. The aforementioned isn't the BIOS chip.
                                      Last edited by drjlt; 07-19-2022, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by drjlt View Post
                                        Hello, I received the CH341a today. I see that the chip is Winbond 25Q80DVNIG 1816, which dumps to just 1MB.

Is this the correct BIOS chip?

Update: Found another Winbond chip. The aforementioned isn't the BIOS chip.
                                        there will be one more chip

Comment

Flashed multiple times. I think the clip / programmer is problematic:

With CH341A programmer v1.34, I couldn't get a consistent read that passes verification.

With ASProgrammer, I was able to get two reads that were identical and passed verification. However, they still looked different to another dump of the same model I found on this forum.

Since the laptop is a brick from the company that contracted me for work and who no longer wants it (but locked it with SVP thanks very much). I went ahead and tried to flash anyway.

At first, I got black screen with beeps, possibly 1-3-3-1.

Then, I used ASProgrammer and unchecked "Do not write FF".

Now, it only blinks the power button once after each reset. I suspect that BIOS is not written correctly. Not surprising, as the read result is different than what's just been written???

What could be a good solution without de-soldering the chip, which I don't have the tools for?

Thanks
                                          Last edited by drjlt; 07-19-2022, 04:23 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

Working...
                                          X