Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS_NVVDD_EN_R low - circuit question

Hello,
    I have a possibly stupid question which I am, unfortunately, already trying to figure out for some time.

I have a card (reference 1080Ti) that has PS_NVVDD_EN present (3v) while PS_NVVDD_EN_R is low. The schematics doesn't quite make sense to me as both of the resistors that are connecting PS_NVVDD_EN_R line to 1V8 and PS_NVVDD_EN are omitted (R536 and R535).

And now the stupid part - which component is responsible for pulling the PS_NVVDD_EN_R line high?

Thank you.

Re: PS_NVVDD_EN_R low - circuit question

Schematic in question - there's no other connection except those two mosfets. Is there a way the rail is getting powered from EN_Q through them?

My understanding is that once PS_NVVDD_EN is high the first mosfets pulls EN_Q low which then in turn shuts off the other mosfet and enables EN_R to go high (leaves it floating) - EN_R itself needs to be pulled high from something else somewhere. Is this incorrect?

Thank you.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Prott; 08-10-2022, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Reading the datasheet of the buck controller (uP9511?) can help. EN is not pulled-up externally, external circuit leaves it floating to enable or pulls it to ground to disable. Since there's a resistor to ground which must be inside of a certain range of value, one can assume the chip has an internal current source on that pin, although it may not be active all the time.
      Last edited by piernov; 08-10-2022, 09:01 AM.
      OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Thank you! I was reading the datasheet, but somehow skipped the part and it didn't occur to me that the buck controller produces its own enable signal.

Time to check the soldering.

Comment

Fixed (it was a bad soldering job on the buck controller), thank you piernov!

Comment

Working...
          X