Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 60PV250 plasma TV no picture

60PV250 ZSUS boards EBR67820001.

Got this TV last night, was told picture would come and go. Currently has no picture. Immediate thoughts were ZSUS. Powerup , relays click, 203V Vs available, ysus buzzing, zsus silent.

usual inductor coils cracked solders, reflowed those, can't find any blown fuses, burns or shorted IGBTs.

powered up , still nothing, can hear a faint buzz from the zsus momentarily on startup,probed Vzbias and see 125V on initial startup but switches off and decays to 0 pretty much straight away from turn on.

Anyone got some expeience for this situation?

Currently reading through other threads but common notes are cracked inductors, blown fuses, shorted IGBTs and burnt resistors.

Unfortunately apart from the bad inductors I can't find that smoking gun.

Re: LG 60PV250 plasma TV no picture

looks like a case of jumping to conclusions. Ysus is shorted out. funny how it's buzzing away. Both boards have cracked inductor solders. What a pig of a board to work on.

Comment

so at this point I found 3 banks of FPGF4633 shorted out. 1 of 4 and 2 0f 2.

In each there was 1 shorted , shorting the group. removed the shorted IGBTs, leaving the cct still functional.

Turned it on and it is working but I ran it less than 30 secs.

Comment

Hi mate, do you have any update on your troubleshooting? I'm having the same problem in my tv with the same model as yours. I'm from Perth by the way. Thanks

Comment

I have the same model TV with picture turned off after about half an hour but will turned back on if I restart the TV. Checked all the voltages leaving the power board when picture is on and off and all confirmed ok. Visual check and ESR test on other boards seem to be ok. wondering if this is a case of the control board.

Comment

The 60pv... series is known to have bad solder joints on the power,ysus, and zsus boards.
            You better address this problem with a touch up with lead solder soon before you blow the ibgts on z and y. Dont run the set untill you resolder.

Comment

Right. These boards cant take heat like the older dual layer boards. These things are like wafer thin and crack easy.

This is probably why the coils break apart from the board. I believe these style boards can't take the thermal stress and expansion/contraction ratios like the thicker real green boards
              Last edited by freakaftr8; 01-22-2018, 09:34 AM.
              Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

I have the exact same tv and having an issue being able to get a diode ordered that's shorted on the YSUS board. Its D428 and the markings on the diode are 88 then below that is 15. the TV is 60pv250 and as I said its on the YSUS board EBR73562001. Can anyone help me in locating somewhere i can purchase this diode please

Comment

Working...
                X