Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP T730 password locked BIOS

Hi all.

I bought a thin client, HP T730 that came with locked BIOS. Nothing worked to reset it (jumper etc.), I tried everything. Even tried to put a random password three times to get a "final" lock code, but nothing happens. I can access BIOS, but cannot change anything, and that's where the main issue is. The PCIe slot is disabled which makes this unit useless.

I am not sure what route should I take now. I was going to do some additional research, but cannot get to the actual BIOS chip. This is the first time I see a clip like this. How in the world I can remove the BIOS chip from the slot (see the attachment, it is not soldered.)

Also, I would appreciate any advice at this point. What possible options do I have?

Thank you all in advance.
    Attached Files

Re: HP T730 password locked BIOS

Originally posted by migelius View Post
    Hi all.

I bought a thin client, HP T730 that came with locked BIOS. Nothing worked to reset it (jumper etc.), I tried everything. Even tried to put a random password three times to get a "final" lock code, but nothing happens. I can access BIOS, but cannot change anything, and that's where the main issue is. The PCIe slot is disabled which makes this unit useless.

I am not sure what route should I take now. I was going to do some additional research, but cannot get to the actual BIOS chip. This is the first time I see a clip like this. How in the world I can remove the BIOS chip from the slot (see the attachment, it is not soldered.)

Also, I would appreciate any advice at this point. What possible options do I have?

Thank you all in advance.
    push from the left (see the posted picture) in a horizontal plane of the port above the bios chip and then lift the end of the port..
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

I was able to remove the top cap and now I can access the BIOS chip.

Is CH341A programmer (like on the screenshot) would allow me to make a dump of it?
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by migelius View Post
        I was able to remove the top cap and now I can access the BIOS chip.

Is CH341A programmer (like on the screenshot) would allow me to make a dump of it?
        yes u can make dump with ch341a

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
          push from the left (see the posted picture) in a horizontal plane of the port above the bios chip and then lift the end of the port..
          Originally posted by Aditya11ttt View Post
          yes u can make dump with ch341a
          Thanks.

Comment

I was able to pull the chip from the motherboard and write new (latest available) bios with neo programmer. After rebooting I could get into bios menu and all options were accessible. I used CH341A usb adapter and a clip, but had to do couple fixes to the programmer. If you ever going to use CH341 programmer, please search CH341 3.3v fix.

Comment

Working...
            X