Toshiba LED Model #50M2U

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba LED Model #50M2U

I have a Toshiba LED tv that will not power on. I opened it this morning to see if I could fix the problem from a youtube video but the circuit borads look different, but the guy doing the tutorial recommended this forum. So here I am seeking advice and any recommendations on what to do.

Here are pic of the two circuits boards, hope that I've uploade the images the right way.

Re: Toshiba LED Model #50M2U

The pictures only open up as even smaller thumbnails so cannot really see anything.

With the power supply disconnected from the main board can you measured any dc voltages on the connector P802

Photo courtesy of Shopjimmy
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dick_barton; 04-18-2016, 01:36 PM.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

HI
      please measure voltages as in photo .
      red led is it lighting or not ?
      thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

Can you explain more in detail what the TV does and doesn't do? Do the backlights come on for a second and go off again? Does the TV respond to the power button? You have a digital multi meter in order to get measurements?

Comment

Im not trying to hijack this thread but for some reason I cannot start my own thread. Im assuming because im a new member. The Toshiba 50m2u (50L2200u) has the same issue as it wont turn on. No LED on front at all. I swapped power supplies and I get the following readings at P802 when i plug in tv:

BLON - 0.3
          DIM - 0.0
          ACD - 3.5v
          PWON - 2.99v
          5Vcc - 5.1v
          5Vcc - 5.1v
          5Vcc - 5.1v
          12Vcc - 12v
          12Vcc - 12v
          GND - na
          GND - na
          GND - na
          12Va- 12v
          12Va - 12v
          GND - na
          GND - na

Im not quite sure where to go from here. I figured this could help the original poster as well

Comment

Your power rails are all up, but your main board isn't sending BLon (backlights) an nothing on Dim either. So your problem is on the main board.

Comment

If you disconnect the main board and power up do the backlights come on?
              Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Working...
              X