question for spacer turbox tv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question for spacer turbox tv

hello everyone i have this tv and it uses 4 spacers as in the photo which hold the reflection sheet and on which sit the 4 light guide sheets
    the problem is that two of them broke on the edge resulting in an unevenness in the height at which the light guides sit
    My question is these spaceships does anyone know what their purpose is?
    is to protect the screen? why do not bright spots appear?
    can I take them out completely or cut the other two to the same height all?
    thanks in advance
    Attached Files

Re: question for spacer turbox tv

they keep the sheet from sitting right on the leds and burning the sheet, hopefully you can source some replacements, they are really easy to break, I broke a few, very easy to do, they also get brittle with age.

Comment

very nice sir
      because I can not find and now the sheets are sitting crooked and half the picture is darker than the other
      I think this has created this issue
      If I cut the other two normal pieces to the same height as the broken ones I will have some issues from your experience;
      type bright spot or else?
      however, the sheets will not sit on the ledges and with the new height

Comment

Thats a good question, have not had that situation before, I dont know if there would be any problems or not.

Comment

However, a salesman who unfortunately did not have them anymore told me that it is to protect the screen from small children not to push it and that if I want I can take it out completely
          I just asked for sure why the TV is 49 inches and is a bit difficult to open

Comment

I think the salesman misunderstood, they hold the reflector sheet in place, so they are necessary.
            Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-17-2022, 02:45 PM.

Comment

would just rather have an experienced technician tell me that to make sure I do not want to experiment
              so please if anyone has come to the same position as me to answer me if there is a problem if I remove the spacers completely or if I shorten them all to be the same height

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                they keep the sheet from sitting right on the leds and burning the sheet, hopefully you can source some replacements, they are really easy to break, I broke a few, very easy to do, they also get brittle with age.
                Disregard this, its just wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Xristakis795 View Post
                  would just rather have an experienced technician tell me that to make sure I do not want to experiment
                  so please if anyone has come to the same position as me to answer me if there is a problem if I remove the spacers completely or if I shorten them all to be the same height
                  Don't cut them down or remove them, they hold the screen at the correct distance from the LEDs to get a uniform light. They also ensure the LCD stays flat. I've used alternatives salvaged from broken screens to replace damaged ones. Hot glue to stick down.

Comment

thank you so much for the reply
                    so now because i put them with different height I have half the picture dark and half light I hope the panel has not been damaged
                    I think because I have thrown the broken pieces to heat the existing piece on the edge to pass a very thin wire and stick it with a strong acrylic glue for sure and cover the wire with white heated spaghetti
                    do you agree?

Comment

Yes, it might leave a shadow or dark spot but using wire should work.
                      You could also cut some triangles from acrylic sheet.

Comment

If the tips are broken, try slipping a piece of plastic drinking straw over the tip and cutting it to the correct length.

Comment

I decided to get M3 metallic screws with thread and washers to be held in the sheet metal of tv
                          the only problem is that I do not remember the exact length and in addition because they are black and they look like shadows if I spray paint them white I think I will not have a problem right;

Comment

Working...
                          X