• Show
Clear All

Re: Need software for Intelligent universal programmer lk48

Dataman 48 is the same programmer
    https://www.dataman.com/dataman-4848lv-resources

Comment

i used all the version dataman but still the some problem
      Last edited by hbest; 03-27-2020, 02:33 PM.

Comment

is your port set in the bios to EPP ?

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
          no it 's ECP , one chose in bios ECP

Comment

i think EPP was mentioned on the website,
            also try running it as administrator - i'v seen some firewall/security software block the ports on windows.

Comment

Originally posted by megaraider View Post
              In BIOS settings try changing the LPT port mode to EPP.
              Also make sure LPT1 is set to port 0x378.
              Make sure you're using a full EPP wired cable.
              Ensure you're using the LPT port software version 'WLT48XP' [not the USB version (WLT48UXP)]!
              Originally posted by stj View Post
              Originally posted by hbest View Post
              no it 's ECP , one chose in bios ECP
              Change port settings to above in BIOS settings & try it out

Comment

Originally posted by megaraider View Post
                Change port settings to above in BIOS settings & try it out
                All my port is ECP , i used 4 pc it all ECP .

Comment

so change the setting then.

Comment

Originally posted by hbest View Post
                    All my port is ECP , i used 4 pc it all ECP .
                    first question, which os are you running on your PC?

Hi, i've three labtool48 programmer, and there's no official/legit way to make them work under windows xp+ OS

the latest software taken from dataman, aec or other pseudo manufacturer is the v4.67

running the software under windows xp didn't recognise the programmer at all, same gear but different os like windows 2000 works great.

so i didn't remember now because i have a dedicated setup for eproms programming but you can be succesful running the programmer within windows xp too even in a virtual machine.

first try to set the compatibility mode of the programmer .exe software to windows 2000 or windows 98, and give it a shot.

if this didn't work you should try the programmer on a real win 9x/2000 environment and be sure that it's working.

by the way hacking the software or patching the firmware inside the programmer should do the trick.

before proceeding further let us know.

Comment

if it's parallel-port then this can fix it.
                      Attached Files

Comment

@stj: Could you send me the fixed software for the 48XP that is mentioned in the first page of thread? TIA.

Comment

it's not a fixed version, it's a patch.

download version 10.50 - it's the newest i cracked.
                          install it.
                          then open the exe in a hex editor and change the byte at location 0x01e433 from 55 to c3.
                          then save and your good.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Does someone know if a PCMCIA (Not PCI-Express) parallel adapter works with the labtool software?
                              And what about the USB2LPT (https://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~heh...index.en.htm)? Is it usable? Seems to use the same Cypress device (CY7C68013A) that the UXP uses.

Comment

no idea - probably not because the software has the damned driver built-in.

Comment

No idea about the PCMCIA or the Cypress?
                                  Does someone have an UXP and can map the CYpress chip connections (on the i/o side)?

Comment

you also need to know if the cypress has a custom VID/PID number in it's eeprom

Comment

I thought the VID/PID were known

Originally posted by ducky29 View Post
                                      USB\Vid_0574&Pid_ea80&Rev_0001
                                      But anyway it wouldn't work, as the software would want an UXP to connect to.

Comment

yes, the software is 2 different versions - usb, and parallel.
                                        i only hacked the parallel - the programmer didnt have usb.
                                        i have been told that the usb version is not any faster btw.

Comment

Originally posted by zjta0k View Post
                                          And what about the USB2LPT (https://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~heh...index.en.htm)? Is it usable?

But anyway it wouldn't work, as the software would want an UXP to connect to.
                                          IMO somewhere along the way you mixed 2 different scenarios thus falling in a dead end trap.

1. The programmer parallel version connected thru an USB2LPT adapter to the computer USB port will still require the parallel software version (NOT the UXP version)!
                                          That's easy to understand as the USB2LPT adapter will create a virtual LPT port!

2. If you bought the seller parallel to USB adapter kit, for an outrageous price if I do recall it correctly, then, and only then it would expect, and only work, with the UXP software version.

Although I stand for my opinion, I'm not claiming it would work or not,
                                          but only sharing a light on the right approach to be taken.
                                          Last edited by megaraider; 03-22-2021, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X