try it
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: New Software Achi LY by PSOFT

I'll try it.
      Thanks so much

Comment

The software works fine with my station (https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...t=60563&page=2 #32) , usually I put the bottom thermocouple directly on the heating element surface because I think if this thermocouple is placed on motherboard's bottom surface when the top heater goes on , its power sends off-scale the bottom pid.
        Where you place the bottom thermocouple ?
        thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jasko_jacker View Post
          Where you place the bottom thermocouple ?
          thanks

The thermocouple is placed directly on the surface of the motherboard near the chip

Comment

But you have a machine with bottom preheater and bottom heater ?

Comment

But you have a machine with bottom preheater and bottom heater ?
              Yes, I have a soldering station

Comment

Hello,

the software Psoft don´t communicate with my PC 410 with RS 485 connection over USB. I´ve connected pin 9 and 10.
                What´s the mistake?

Comment

use you a direct com port or usb to serial adapter ?
                  have you set the com port on device manager ? (baud , etc)
                  what type of OS you have installed ?
                  on which soldering station do you want to use this software?
                  on many station (after you have resolve the connect issue) need to make some change.

Comment

I use an usb to serial adapter and set the com port correctly. I use windows 8.1.
                    I don´t use a soldering station I want using the PC 410 as temperatur ramp-controller with my kiln.

Comment

Hello,

I see that Psoft goes only till 300°C. But I need 850°C for controlling the kiln.
                      Is this right?

Comment

This software is made only for use with bga rework machine as achi or similar , with a modified hardware. Other use are not recommended.
                        The goal of this software is that it can drive the bottom heater directly with the thermocouple placed directly on the bottom layer of the motherboard in the same place as the thermocouple on the top heater.
                        I don't know your purpose about it's use

Comment

Hello,

thank you for info. Do you know where i can get the temperature software for the PC 410.
                          On Altec Website only in chinese.

Thank you for informations

Comment

This software is made only for use with bga rework machine as achi or similar , with a modified hardware.
                            So you need both PC410s to have RS232 communication to use this software?
                            Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                            Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                            A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Usually in many bga rework machine (chinese brand) the top heater is
                              drived by altec p410 and bottom heater by rex-c100 (on the internet many altec or rex are clones) but
                              while the upper heater is operated by the altec that follows the set profiles, the temperature of the lower heater gradually changes from min to max, regardless of the temperature on the motherboard.
                              Instead, this software drive the bottom heater to generate a temperature on the bottom layer of motherboard proportionally to a temperature on top layer.
                              The circuits of the controllers are separated, each one has a digital relay and an input for the thermocouple, but only the altec has a rs232 port and therefore a software can only drive the top heater.
                              With an easy modification you can solve this problem and use the psoft program. To avoid errors in temperature it is important that the two temocouples are positioned on the same point, or very close; one on top and the other on the bottom layer

Comment

I have a 3-zone station, top and bottom hot air heaters. So i have two PC410s, one for the top, one for the bottom heater, and a third controller that looks like a Chinese rex-c100 but is branded Honton (the makers of the station), which controls the IR plates around the bottom heater. From what you are saying i understand that this modification is for the bottom plates controller, for people who only have a 2-zone station. With a 3-zone (especially with hot air like mine is), the IR plates play a lesser role, they are just there so large boards do not deform because of the temperature difference between the chip you are soldering and the rest of the board. I am happy with my Honton the way it is from the factory.

The only thing that's bothering me about it is that the internal fans are too loud and i think they should be off when the station is on but just idling (interestingly, they turn off completely when the station is switched in preheat/board drying mode where just the bottom plates are getting power), but i understand that adding an extra temperature sensor and control circuit for those fans would have upped the production cost and thus maybe i would not have been able to afford it, it took me 6 months to save up for it. I can modify it myself.

The makeshift station i had built and used for the past 5 years also used hot air for the top heater (i bought BGA nozzles for my hot air wand), and IMHO air does a better job than IR.

Temperature monitoring on a hot air station is more accurate since any accidental airflow from a door opening or closing or someone moving around does not disturb it. The airflow of the heaters creates pressure pushing the BGA on the board, ensuring a sturdy connection and eliminating the risk of the BGA package warping, and i don't need to stick any of that pesky aluminum tape anywhere (except securing the thermocouple) as i can change the top heater nozzle to suit the size of the chip. While developing the profiles i have experimented with various boards, including one that has the PCH right next to the CMOS battery holder. There was absolutely no deformation on the battery holder, with no aluminum tape to cover it. This would have been impossible with an IR machine because you can't exactly replace the top plate for every size of chip.

IR is better at replacing big parts with plastic in them, like slots, connectors and sockets, because you can get large top heaters relatively cheap.
                                Last edited by Th3_uN1Qu3; 03-13-2018, 03:05 AM.
                                Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.

Comment

hello,
                                  I´wont want driving a BGA rework maschine, I only need a temperatur controlling software for the PC 410 in englisch or german, a so called ramp controlling software for my kiln.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
                                    I have a 3-zone station, top and bottom hot air heaters. So i have two PC410s, one for the top, one for the bottom heater, and a third controller that looks like a Chinese rex-c100 but is branded Honton (the makers of the station), which controls the IR plates around the bottom heater. From what you are saying i understand that this modification is for the bottom plates controller, for people who only have a 2-zone station. With a 3-zone (especially with hot air like mine is), the IR plates play a lesser role, they are just there so large boards do not deform because of the temperature difference between the chip you are soldering and the rest of the board. I am happy with my Honton the way it is from the factory.

The only thing that's bothering me about it is that the internal fans are too loud and i think they should be off when the station is on but just idling (interestingly, they turn off completely when the station is switched in preheat/board drying mode where just the bottom plates are getting power), but i understand that adding an extra temperature sensor and control circuit for those fans would have upped the production cost and thus maybe i would not have been able to afford it, it took me 6 months to save up for it. I can modify it myself.

The makeshift station i had built and used for the past 5 years also used hot air for the top heater (i bought BGA nozzles for my hot air wand), and IMHO air does a better job than IR.

Temperature monitoring on a hot air station is more accurate since any accidental airflow from a door opening or closing or someone moving around does not disturb it. The airflow of the heaters creates pressure pushing the BGA on the board, ensuring a sturdy connection and eliminating the risk of the BGA package warping, and i don't need to stick any of that pesky aluminum tape anywhere (except securing the thermocouple) as i can change the top heater nozzle to suit the size of the chip. While developing the profiles i have experimented with various boards, including one that has the PCH right next to the CMOS battery holder. There was absolutely no deformation on the battery holder, with no aluminum tape to cover it. This would have been impossible with an IR machine because you can't exactly replace the top plate for every size of chip.

IR is better at replacing big parts with plastic in them, like slots, connectors and sockets, because you can get large top heaters relatively cheap.
                                    You have right but both technology works well if the machine is build well.
                                    Because the infrared spectrum is very wide (see the pic) The problem is that many ir plates do not generate the best frequency to penetrate the chip material and most of the heat is generated by air heating rather than electromagnetic waves-
                                    This software has many advantages for example permit to change the temp on the fly without generate a new profile.

See this machine, it use focused IR and at the moment I think is the best but very expensive.

http://www.pdr-rework.com/

https://www.mektronics.com.au/solder...-equipment/pdr
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hampy View Post
                                      hello,
                                      I´wont want driving a BGA rework maschine, I only need a temperatur controlling software for the PC 410 in englisch or german, a so called ramp controlling software for my kiln.

Thanks
                                      I do not know if there is software that can help you, if you have the time and know a programming language like the C on the altec site in the download section there is a document about AL808 that has the same communication protocol.
                                      AL808 communication protocol
                                      http://www.altec.cc/english/downloads.htm

AL808 communication test software
                                      http://www.altec.cc/DownloadFile/AL808TEST.rar

Comment

You have right but both technology works well if the machine is build well.
                                        Because the infrared spectrum is very wide (see the pic) The problem is that many ir plates do not generate the best frequency to penetrate the chip material and most of the heat is generated by air heating rather than electromagnetic waves-
                                        This software has many advantages for example permit to change the temp on the fly without generate a new profile.
                                        This is interesting, indeed those machines you linked look pro, i have seen them before, but that price tag... It is maybe applicable for large service centers doing warranty contracts for one of the big brands.

When you're doing 8-10 year old laptops for $60 a job (and that's best case, a lot of times here you have to work for less or the client runs away ), and you're getting 10, maybe 15 rework jobs a month... you're gonna recoup that investment in over 2 years, which is a long time when your country is currently governed by thieves, all prices are rising and pay is less and less.

I never said all IR machines are bad, we are talking about the affordable Chinese rework stations here. Even if i had that kind of money to spend (there's a chance i never will), i would invest it in a different kind of business.

Comment

Working...
                                        X