Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic FJ/FL genuine or not?

Will do. Thanks.
    i had a look through my cards, and found a 1000uf FJ on an RV2VE-B3; but it is black/gold with a red horizontal datecode (assuming that it's a date code).
    i notice that on the logo of that capacitor, the M, that is inside the rounded square, is very well-defined and doesnt touch the rounded square like it does in the photos that i took.
    This red-coloured date code is upsidedown and looks to be 1D IV (roman numerals)TV
    The IVTV is aligned slighty higher than the 1D.
    Will be interested to hear your findings; since i have not yet found any photos of an XFX Radeon HD 4670 with black/white FJ's.
    Last edited by socketa; 12-06-2019, 03:03 AM.

Comment

I managed to find the original pics on archive.org so now the original posts show them.
      Let this be a message to please upload the pics to Badcaps, in 10 cases out of 10 I never find the pictures after the host is gone.
      So this really is the 11:th hour
      Also please consider donating to archive.org, it is a really fantastic service and I have lost count of how many times they have helped me!
      "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Originally posted by socketa View Post
        Will be interested to hear your findings; since i have not yet found any photos of an XFX Radeon HD 4670 with black/white FJ's.
        Just checked... and for once, my memory is serving me right.
        My XFX Radeon HD 4670 has *one* Panasonic FL cap, and it has a black sleeve with light gray (white?) text and negative stripe. 16V, 470 uF, 8x13 mm.
        Exact model number of the card is HD-456X-ZDFR, in case anyone wants to research for pictures.

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
        Let this be a message to please upload the pics to Badcaps, in 10 cases out of 10 I never find the pictures after the host is gone.
        Yup, I'll never use an external host ever again - at least for posting stuff on BCN. There were some old PSU threads where I replied and the pictures are now gone. It's a bummer, because for some of them, I invested a decent amount of time trying to help the O/P (and anyone else interested).

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
        Also please consider donating to archive.org, it is a really fantastic service and I have lost count of how many times they have helped me!
        It really is.
        I can't believe I didn't know about it earlier. I think I found an OEM OS ISO I was looking for about 2 or 3 weeks ago and that's when I stumbled on archive.org. Surprised to see they have stuff hosted on their servers too.
        Last edited by momaka; 12-06-2019, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
          Just checked... and for once, my memory is serving me right.
          My XFX Radeon HD 4670 has *one* Panasonic FL cap, and it has a black sleeve with light gray (white?) text and negative stripe. 16V, 470 uF, 8x13 mm.
          So does that mean that my caps are possibly legit? - Did the logo look like the one in my photos, and was the date code printed vertically like mine (i've done image searches for that video card but can't see the details on the capacitor)

Comment

Correction:
            It's Panasonic FJ

Originally posted by socketa View Post
            So does that mean that my caps are possibly legit? - Did the logo look like the one in my photos, and was the date code printed vertically like mine
            I can't see any images in your posts. Please attach them to BCN forums, if you have any.

But yes, your caps likely are legit. What Wester547 mentioned in post #18 might indeed be the reason why.
            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...9&postcount=18

The date code on my one FJ cap is printed same direction as the text, and in the same plain white color as the text. Same with the Matsushita "M" logo.

I doubt mine is fake, because the rest of the board has Nichicon LF and OST OCRZ polymers that also look legit.

Comment

Thanks for that
              I can't see any images in your posts. Please attach them to BCN forums, if you have any.
              They were there... but maybe they disappeared because i didn't attach them, rather than just uploading them and inserting them into the post?
              i have attached them now here:
              So, now that thay are (hopefully) visible, does that logo the same as the one one yours?

Attached Files
              Last edited by socketa; 12-09-2019, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Well, if these are not genuine caps, they are very very good counterfeits.

The print is slightly more clear on my caps, especially the negative strike. As such, the logo is a bit more clear too (and less horizontally stretched.) And the last discrepancy I found is that the degree symbol on mine is centered right between the "105" text and the "C" text, whereas on yours, it's a bit off-sided.

But apart from that, everything else looks the same - especially the voltage and capacitance text. So I think the differences I observed are probably due to slight variations in production. I've seen variations like these more than a few times from the other Japanese manufacturers too (particularly United Chemicon - which I've obtained all through Digikey or Mouser, so I know they should be genuine.) It all depends in what country and what factory they were made. My China-made Chemicons have quite a few differences from the Japan-made Chemicons. Nothing that pops at a glance, but if you look really really carefully, you will see it. I haven't had any problems with either of them, though.
                Last edited by momaka; 12-09-2019, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X