Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capacitor brand identification

Hi there,
    as this is my first real post, please forgive me if I do something wrong.

I found this brand of capacitor in a Technics A800MK2, an amplifier from the mid-90s. I don't recognize it, neither can I find something about them on the internet. It looks like "Purciom"? They got an T-type vent, like Panasonics. (In this amp, there are 3 brands of caps, this one, ELNA and Panasonic)

Maybe somebody knows something about their quality and their real name.
    Thanks!
    Attached Files

Re: Capacitor brand identification

Hello
    Pls identify the brand/Manufacturer of the polypropylene radial capacitor picture attached.
    This was removed from a Yamaha preamp cx1000

Thank you
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by j_pu View Post
      Hi there,
      as this is my first real post, please forgive me if I do something wrong.

I found this brand of capacitor in a Technics A800MK2, an amplifier from the mid-90s. I don't recognize it, neither can I find something about them on the internet. It looks like "Purciom"? They got an T-type vent, like Panasonics. (In this amp, there are 3 brands of caps, this one, ELNA and Panasonic)

Maybe somebody knows something about their quality and their real name.
      Thanks!

Hi

It's a Panasonic cap
      If you have misspelled it...its Pureism

Comment

Yes.
        Panasonic Pureism, alias PZ.

They looks like good quality, expressly built by Panasonic for the manufacturers of several audio devices.

The datasheet offers only a list of available capacitance, voltages and sizes. No current specifications nor E.S.R. parameters are specificied. It also says that they are built using innovative techniques and feature oxygen free copper lead wires.

If I had to compare them with similar capacitors like ELNA Cerafine and Nichicon KZ/KG I'd say that they are between normal and low E.S.R. at something less than 1 Ohm when measured. Current capability of these “High Fidelity” capacitors is usually not specified though you can expect them to be of good quality and durable.

In case of a replacement you can use a Panasonic FC.
        Last edited by Hitto; 01-08-2020, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Thank you for your response!
          Sadly, I can't measure them because I can't take this amp apart. Everything is soldered together and not very service-friendly. But it's good to know that these are made by Panasonic and not some cheap chinese caps.

Comment

Since the capacitor (TZB4R500BB10R00) is a "container" for storing electric charge, there is a problem of "capacity". In order to measure the capacity of a capacitor to store charge, a physical quantity of capacitance is determined. Capacitors must be under the effect of an applied voltage to store charge. Different capacitors can store different amounts of charge under voltage. The international uniform regulations stipulate that when a 1 volt DC voltage is applied to a capacitor, the amount of charge that it can store is the capacitance of the capacitor (that is, the amount of electricity at a unit voltage), which is represented by the letter C. The basic unit of capacitance is farad (F). Under the action of 1 volt DC voltage, if the charge stored in the capacitor is 1 coulomb, the capacitance is set to 1 farad. Farad is represented by the symbol F, 1F = 1Q / V. In practical applications, the capacitance of a capacitor is often much smaller than 1 farad. Smaller units are commonly used, such as millifarad (mF), microfarad (μF), nanofarad (nF), picofarad (pF), etc. The relationship is: 1 microfarad equals one millionth of a farad; 1 picofarad equals one millionth of a microfarad.

Comment

Working...
            X