Sony Vaio SVS13 Series Won't Recognize Battery Attached

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony Vaio SVS13 Series Won't Recognize Battery Attached

as the title said, this unit came to my desk yesterday. this unit had all the hardware atached functioning normally, but windows 7 not recognize the battery installed. this unit has two port battery connector, recognized in windows 7 as "Battery #1 and Battery #2" but it always said "no battery attached". since i don't have another battery to try and without schematic/boardview, what should i check next to determine the battery is completely dead?

# i've replace the charging ic (bq24725) no result
    # replaced mosfet that connected directly to battery, no result too
    # voltage on posstive rail battery is 0v, other pin is 3.3v & 1.9v

i don't know which pin is batt_prs# or sys_prs# since i don't have the schematic/boardview, this board also use SMSC SIO with bga, smaller chance to check the track for batt<->sio communication.

any suggest would be appreciated...
    Board identification:
    V120_MP_10L_MB_L
    MBX-260

Re: Sony Vaio SVS13 Series Won't Recognize Battery Attached

without know working battery it is very hard. u could have dead cell in battery and battery controller can completely cutoff battery.

Comment

on other brand of board like asus or acer, the battery still recognized and can "talk" to SIO about it's condition and i can read that information via a software. what if i inject voltage on battery pin (while battery attached) just to make the battery "talk" with SIO? what things should i concern when i do that, beside the voltage i'm going to inject to it?

Comment

Originally posted by kodox View Post
        on other brand of board like asus or acer, the battery still recognized and can "talk" to SIO about it's condition and i can read that information via a software. what if i inject voltage on battery pin (while battery attached) just to make the battery "talk" with SIO? what things should i concern when i do that, beside the voltage i'm going to inject to it?
        Not a wise idea. Dont play with these lithium batteries.

Comment

thank's for the suggestion guys, i think i must gave up on this. cause the vaio battery price here is insane!!!! ranging from US$140-150

Comment

Working...
          X