Pantum P2502W Toner Reset Chip help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pantum P2502W Toner Reset Chip help

is there not any software for this to install on pc ? my printer can be reset with ssc service utility .

Comment

Thanks bc878!

I agree with your theory, and those instructions give reasonable warnings telling me important details about how it would work.

I had suspected the reason some cartridges stop after a count is not just to rob us but because the technology wears out fast when it can't pick up more toner, and this was a cheaper protection than sensing if toner is low.

I thought geekgirl1111 said she got it to print again after it had run out, with a hack-reset while still saying toner low. Now I realize she was just saying it's low so somebody hurry and figure out the solution but now she ran out (I wonder if she tried the tape hack posted later).
      I like hacks better than buying a solution but I like to have both options.

I need to get things setup and see what information I can glean from the reads and writes going on. I've got several single computer boards that can do I2C.

I2C is cool because it has only one clock and one data for multiple clients and even multiple masters. I could imitate the printer while it's still connected and do some read/write while monitoring things the devices do. Some ppl are confused like geekgirl expected more contacts for address bits? That's not I2C protocol. The data simply sends address first, r/w flag, then data sequentially on the same line. Also, 0x5B would not be a whole chip as it can have many addresses in one. I looked up https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/i2c

That reset chip you found looks interesting so if I get money I'd test it. Seems weird the pads are checkered in their photo not straight across like this printer, so I need to go check out the contacts on my new printer. Tricky cause I set it up at my ex-wife's house, but she likes her color inkjet so probably won't mind if I experiment with this (since I paid for it).

Comment

Originally posted by bc989 View Post
        found a seller on alibaba - https://wholesaler.alibaba.com/produ...619300819.html

anyone tried them?

but its instructions looks interesting, maybe some hints there to help hacks.

specifically step 4-6. unfortunately their english is not good.
        Anyone try this vendor for chips? my printer is out of toner and just wnat to see if anyone tried it yet?

Comment

Quote: from imajeff
          "Some ppl are confused like geekgirl expected more contacts for address bits? That's not I2C protocol. "
          What are you talking about? "more contacts for address bits" ??
          You make no sense..
          That's the second time that you dissed me. I will report you for rudeness.
          I would comment about no wonder you are divorced but I'm not rude like you.
          So knock it off.
          We're all here to help each other in this project.

Comment

I saw those chips on alibaba. The contacts were not in the right position so I didnt get them.

Comment

Since I needed a printer NOW I researched and found plenty of YouTube info on Brother HL-L2300D. Apparently you can only get them online now. They have a mechanical reset mechanism so it can get reset with a "reset wheel and spring". This kit is readily available on Amazon.
              https://youtu.be/ZlN4WGsAs3U

https://www.amazon.com/TN-630-TN-660.../dp/B00S7D3S24

I got the kit right away but it's still in the bag. I didn't have time yet to try it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreiseratops View Post
                Can you see this?

Ok so I currently have an old cartridge running a new chip with the one labelled 1 covered with a tiny sticker cut from a sticky note.

This pic was while I was trying your rescue operation, ELMP.

This is a brand new cartridge with the same contact covered that I get the solid orange with no matter what combination of off, on, insert cartridge.... ummm

I get a solid orange light when I cover #2, #3, or #4 with my old cartrige containing a new chip.

I get a solid orange light in every situation using the new cartridge containing my old chip.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/f...GIzNnFhOGFZOVE

Just for claritys sake
                1=VCC
                2=SCL
                3=SDA
                4=GND
                RiTe?

There are also contacts on A, B, & C. hmm...?

blergh! trouble following the info in that hacking link. Im going crosseyed.

Oh! Ok so...?
                printer off - covered #2- printer on - solid orange light?
                printer off - Covered #3 - printer on - solid orange light?
                printer off - uncovered everything - printer on - blinking orange light and can now print?
                ^v
                I did it wrong then.
                The images and link are all now broken for me. When looking at the cartridge chip in its upright position, I take it that 1 is the top and 4 is the bottom?

Comment

SO HOW CAN I RESET THE COUNTER ON THE CHIP AND REFILL THE TONER CORRECTLY?
                  NOW I HAVE LEFT 25% ON THE ORIGINAL TONER THAT CAME WITH THE PRINTER
                  I AM CONFUSE FROM ALL THE MESSAGES
                  THANKS
                  rONEN

Comment

Apparently it counts 3 line address on an envelope as a page!
                    I did a mail merge, and toner cartridge chip shut machine down, showing red light. I opened cartridge and over 1/2 toner is inside, so refilling will not help. Anyone find a way around this? Getting less than 1/2 paid for pages from cartridge is pricey, wasteful, and feels unfair.

Comment

if i had one, i would ignore the chip and try hacking the firmware in the printer.

Comment

Exactly what I was thinking.

How to send a signal to printer that bypasses cartridge chip, and tells it everything is ok?

There are 7 connections to cartridge. 4 on chip, 3 on cartridge that may also go to chip. When I get time, I will dissect cartridge - outside, with a dust mask- and see if any of the 3 cartridge connections also go to the chip. If I know what goes into the cartridge chip, then I can look at the corresponding circuitry on printer and get totally lost.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                          if i had one, i would ignore the chip and try hacking the firmware in the printer.
                          Yeah, good idea if you look at post #10 I showed the firmware chip.

I did read the chip when I go the printer new but only 4mb, because my programmer did not support 8mb chips..

I still have the printer and may read the firmware now (empty toner cartage)
                          I have new programmer that should read the entire chip. Just would need help comparing the firmware or hacking it

Comment

what programmers do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                              what programmers do you have?
                              I have a old EETOOLS Topmax (Parallel port) and a cheap usb programmer of ebay that only supports spi chips 25,26,27, 28xxx, 29XX chips, can't remember the name right now. maybe SPI FLASH Programmer CH341A. I purchase it to support 8mb spi bios chip. I actually have two eetools topmax with gang adapter because I used to do bios chips programming website.
                              Last edited by DJ_MIX; 02-22-2018, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bc989 View Post
                                found a seller on alibaba - https://wholesaler.alibaba.com/produ...619300819.html

anyone tried them?

but its instructions looks interesting, maybe some hints there to help hacks.

specifically step 4-6. unfortunately their english is not good.
                                Hi, I just ordered that chip, I have an orange light on my P2505W printer too, so it stopped working, but it said expected delivery 20 to 120 days, chips come from China. So I will have to buy a new cartage to get me by until I get the chips. I'll let everyone know if and how they work. Also, I have heard that if you just don't let a new cartage get low enough for it to tell you that it is low, than it will just continue to work! In other words, just keep the thing topped off, like never let it get below half full. Has anyone tried this? Will this work? When I get a new cartage I'll try this and let you know how it went.
                                Has anyone came up with anything new on these printers? Thanks guys for all the input so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Smith001 View Post
                                  I just ordered that chip
                                  Smith001, how is your experience with that chip?

Comment

Originally posted by flash_os View Post
                                    Smith001, how is your experience with that chip?
                                    Hey, flash os
                                    I never got the chips that I ordered, nor got my money back! So I don't advise anyone ordering from them. Anyone have a differ experience with these people?

Comment

But you must have there some kind buyer protection...

Comment

Guys, I finally read the contents of the bios chip with the toner completely full not usable.

I also read the chip when I only used a few pages but I don't know how reliable the bios chip read was since my old programmer did not support that chip.

The latest dump read 100% accurate. Maybe someone that know how to read the contents can help. I might just write the pantum toner near full.bin back to see what happens
                                        Attached Files
                                        Last edited by DJ_MIX; 12-22-2018, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Hi all,

I ran into the "Orange light of death" the other night and looked all over for replacement chips and hacks.
                                          I tried the cover the contact thing- no change.
                                          So I give up and open brand new Pantum cart.
                                          So I am going to assume that the Chinese won this round until I hear something new.
                                          ������OK, NEW QUESTION:������
                                          Is there a way to keep the printer from 'dating' the cart, or counting uses,
                                          so it does not come to the Orange light state again?
                                          thnx
                                          Last edited by mitch77; 12-30-2018, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X