• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hp 15-bw069sa la-e841p

Hi guys and gals...
    Need a bit of guidance again...
    Above mentioned system and mainboard.
    Came in for not loading Windows from current install. Gives a psychedelic screen as seen in the video ( which by the way is the same symptoms as I am getting now).
    So far, I have changed the RAM ( replaced the 4GB with another, changed to an 8GB), swapped HDD to and SSD and tried a clean install which fails each and every time ( tried from 1903 to 20h2), tried with a SSD & HDD with preinstalled O/S, disconnected one by one until all cables have been detached, run direct through a monitor, re-flashed the BIOS, replaced the main board entirely, and still have the same issue. The replacement mainboard has been guaranteed working and is currently being checked by the supplier.

Now, changing the mainboard entirely, I would have though would have resolved the issue. I did test the mainboard prior to fitting, with my RAM, USB keyboard and mouse, monitor, tried to boot from a Win10 USB. It did start to load the O/S but crashed at the first GUI screen with the same psychedelic screen. Also, tired different PSU.

Would anyone else have any insight into what, where, why, when?

Thanks in advance.

Also, having an issue getting the video up so I have placed it on my server and can be accessed here

Re: Hp 15-bw069sa la-e841p

Boot the laptop using a Live Linux DVD and check what will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by caspian View Post
      Boot the laptop using a Live Linux DVD and check what will happen.
      I have loaded Lubuntu and that went onto the desktop... loaded OK.
      Not being a linux user per se I dont understand why linux will load and windows will not or even load as an install.

Comment

It seems to be a Bios issue which is not compatible with the OS you installed. Try another version of Windows or reprogram Bios using a different version. Maybe you should install Win7.

Comment

This is the thing, it has been running windows 10 from new, machine is circa 3 years old. I have flashed the BIOS with the lasted and first release. The replacement mainboard was a confirmed worker with Win 10. I get what your saying as to the Linux. I will put another drive in and do a win 7 install, see how that goes. I will update you shortly
          Last edited by pc1staid; 01-04-2021, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Windows 7 failed to load. BSOD 0X0000007B, No boot device.
            Oddest thing is, the machine was shipped with Win 10.

Comment

If you do web search this error

Fix

Enter BIOS and change "SATA Operation" from AHCI to ATA in Advanced option.

If fail then change to ide

Comment

Originally posted by stingerchamp View Post

Fix

Duhhh!!! old school.... amazing what you forget over the years. I will give that a go shortly and report back.

Comment

Fix

No option for it in the BIOS....

Comment

Have you tried changing drive

Boot via usb

If Linux is loaded then it seems no hardware issue detection

Comment

Have you tried changing drive

Boot via usb

If Linux is loaded then it seems no hardware issue detection
                      As in the first post, changed RAM, HDD to SSD, used both a SSD and a HDD with windows pre-installed, tried multiple versions of Windows 10 ( 1903 to 20h2), detached all cables connecting all daughter boards/ drives/ keyboard/ trackpad etc, tried clean installing and even just booting to a USB with Windows install on ( loops twice then hits the psycedelic screen), run directly to a monitor, flashed the BIOS with the original shipping BIOS and the latest BIOS, even swapped the mainboard.

I totally get it is a compatibility issue with Win 10 but it came shipped with that O/S. Windows 7 gets to the point of not detecting the drive to install the O/S to ( F1 drivers) so I have got Acronis images of all versions of Windows from 7 through to 10, 32 bit and 64 bit, imaged to a drive and put that in, Win 7 gives the 0x0000007B, win 8/8.1/10 goes to the psycededlic screen. Only thing that loaded was the Lubuntu from a live disk, did not try to load to HDD/SSD. When attempting to load the Win 10 from USB, even with the HDD/SSD disconected from the mainboard completely ( drive/daughterboard/ cable not connected to the mainboard at all, I should be able to get as far as the first GUI screen. It just bootloops twice to the psycededlic screen.

This is clearly a mainboard compatability issue, but surely changing the mainboard would have aliviated that.

Only thing I can think of, is the EC IC has had an update and thats causing the issue, and possibly the replacement mainboard I had got had an update to the EC IC, I cant rule that out at the moment as I have no way of knowing what the firmware in that IC is.

Marc

Comment

Hmm interesting

0x0000007B

Do you have snapshot of complete error code

Comment

In addition to above

Have you tried legacy mode in bios and disable secure boot

Comment

Hmm interesting

0x0000007B

Do you have snapshot of complete error code
                            I will reload win 7 and try again.

[QUOTE=stingetchamp;1013600]In addition to above

Have you tried legacy mode in bios and disable secure boot [/QUOTE}

Only for the Win 7 install but not the Win 10 install as it was UEFI with the original install. I will give that a go as well.

Comment

EC problem

Comment

Try with two pair of rams !

Comment

Working...
                                X