Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ASUS ux410u - No power no charge

Originally posted by alexvan59 View Post
    Just to be sure: you believe top pad is ground because we have a huge track or is there any other reasoning?
    In part, yes but not entirely. I also looked at surrounding components. If you look to the left of the capacitor, there is 2 solder pads. The bottom pad is going to another solder pad which connects to another solder pad whose layout is that of a SOT23-6 and therefore cannot be ground(also it is a thin trace). The top pad is shared with the top pad of the cap. Assuming the 2 pads next to the cap is where a component belongs, shared pads usually are for common grounds or power.

Just to be clear, this is just an assumption. Hence why the last resort is to use the pinout of the chip as reference to confirm for sure.

Comment

The chip close to the cap has "548 TI 711 ATCK". Didn't find the datasheet yet.
      You could request help through another post with title "Help identify component". Put the reference as well as a clear picture showing the whole chip (and reference on board if available). Am sure someone will be able to identify it.

Comment

I was re-reading your initial post and.....
        The good news is that I have another ux410u that is working perfectly, so, I could compare if needed.
        need I say more

Comment

Originally posted by Spider1211 View Post
          I was re-reading your initial post and.....

need I say more
          Yes, it's actually my personal computer (initially, I bought the "dead" one to make sure I have all pieces in case something goes wrong with it). I wanted to avoid opening it. Will continue for now to try to do without it (because I want to learn ). If unsuccessfull, I will reopen my personal one .

Comment

I would suggest you open it just to verify which pad of the cap is ground so you can proceed with troubleshooting the short. Its to save time mostly really

Comment

I would suggest you open it just to verify which pad of the cap is ground so you can proceed with troubleshooting the short. Its to save time mostly really
              Seems like another forum members has my boardview (I've seen you replied to him too). Maybe better to wait a little bit. Getting the boardview would really help me.

Comment

Ok, I have the boardview now and it seems mostly accurate.

The component I was trying to identify is PU8801 which is POWER SW. SN1409049DPUR TI QFN-14. The shorted cap is PC8816. It means I have +3VSUS shorted which goes to 62 points on the board.

So, I will do another round of voltage injection on this line. Will see.

@spider: thank you so much for your help today and the ebay seller thanks you too!

Comment

You are welcome! That's great, Report back when you have any update.

Comment

Are you comfortable with removing and resoldering PU8801? I had a look at the boardview and +3VSUS also goes to the CPU/PCH. I would try to first eliminate any potential faults before actually resorting to voltage injection.

PU8801 looks to be a TPS548, try removing it first and check if the short goes away. If no change, then consider injecting voltage.

Comment

Are you comfortable with removing and resoldering PU8801? I had a look at the boardview and +3VSUS also goes to the CPU/PCH. I would try to first eliminate any potential faults before actually resorting to voltage injection.

PU8801 looks to be a TPS548, try removing it first and check if the short goes away. If no change, then consider injecting voltage.
                      Will do that. Not have a lot of time today.

Actually, while looking at the board view, I realized that the highest probability were either pu8801 or a dead cpu (because most/all of the other elements on this line seems to be resistors that have a low failure rate). This line is totally shorted.

Comment

Hi,

Did voltage injection: really hard to feel any hot spot on this line. I had to go 2.2V and 1.6A.
                        There, I had a light feeling of hot on CPU. I've put some alcohol and the result is this one:https://youtu.be/j4vOIhsMhRM. It's not as clear as the EC but the alcohol is really "alive" and as soon as I inject voltage, I see it moving differently.

I tried to put alcohol on caps that are under this area to assert the CPU is not hot only because a component behind is hot. No effect.

So, my conclusion is: CPU is dead. So, dead EC, dead CPU and two bad pins: that's the official announcement that I have a donor board now and many other components (screen, battery, usb extension, keyboard, housing).

I would like to try the screen and the battery. Is there a way for me to test them without putting my "working" mainboard in the computer?

Thanks,

Comment

Hi

Please how type in Asus UX410U mainboard is this chip as in attached picture ?

On my MB is burned and not see sign.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Photo is not clear enough you can use some cool paste or toothpaste to see what is written on the chip.

Comment

Originally posted by velektronic@gmail.com View Post
                              Hi

Please how type in Asus UX410U mainboard is this chip as in attached picture ?

On my MB is burned and not see sign.
                              Its a ROHM BD82034FVJ-GE2 .Datasheet https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...9fb9560043.pdf

Use this boardview https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...28&postcount=7
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-22-2021, 09:50 AM.
                              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

@SMDFlea

Comment

548 TI 711 is TPS548 on aliexpress https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000199632451.html

Comment

Working...
                                  X