fixed but got grainy/noise picture on my plasma now -LG 50PA6500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: fixed but got grainy/noise picture on my plasma now -LG 50PA6500

Ramp_up & Ramp_dn waveform is set with a scope, but you can do it by eye, Any firmware update on LG's site would be for the main board, the control board ROM firmware needs a special jig to connect between the pc and the control board to up date it. I thing this is a newer panel and the control board rom may not have newer firmware.
    Last edited by R_J; 05-11-2021, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Yes, I set the RAMP_UP & RAMP_DN by sight with a pattern generator, it wasn't difficult....it'd just have been fun to set it correctly.... Just for giggles, I'll flip through the manual posted earlier in the thread, surely the waveforms are in there and where to test maybe I overlooked?)....I don't use my scope for a lot these days, mostly looking for dirty outputs on power supplies....

I was thinking the same about the firmware + control board. I guess I'm out of luck with that one unless it's just some kind of serial interface perhaps (something that could be made)...but then of course if there's some kind of proprietary software for programming and/or actually acquiring the firmware itself.... I guess I'm at the end of the road with this one....but overall, still a success!
      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
      Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
      http://folding.stanford.edu/
      Team : 49813
      Join in!!
      Team Stats

Comment

It's an Y-SUS sustain problem now, some semiconductor, capacitor or resistor must be worn from the heat it's all I can guess, or the control board is not "in tune" with the circuit.

Does energy saving helps with the issue? Seems that the less power it uses better the picture, like the small white square on a black screen is perfect, but it gets worse as power increases, like a fullscreen bright image.

Comment

The panel setup information may not be in the service manual but could be in one of the training manuals with a similar panel. Here is one for the 50PG20 (Page 57)
          Attached Files
          Last edited by R_J; 05-11-2021, 10:19 AM.

Comment

I’ve had luck changing the controller boards for one with less panel on hours, I believe they keep a clock and monitor panel temperature and adjust the drive to suit when it warms up etc. Not really sure what that could be other than solder joints or voltages need adjusting to match the defects, LG panels don’t fair too good anyway. My Pioneer Kuro is still looking hot for its age never been a fan of LG Plasmas not even the high end models
            Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 05-11-2021, 03:23 PM.
            Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Working...
            X