Sanyo DP42848 42" LCD TV: sound, but no picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sanyo DP42848 42" LCD TV: sound, but no picture

I have a dp42848 as well and have similar issue (ie. the 2 second black out) however after some fiddling I was checking the voltage across the wires to the bulbs on the inverter board (the pink on and the white one) When held there the tv work perfectly. However when I removed my leads the screen went black again. Any idea what it would be on the inverter board?
    Attached Files

Comment

I have the same exact set on the bench right now. It has two burnt out CCFL bulbs in it. I figured I would hijack an already dead thread since it pertains to the same thing that I am dealing with. What I was wondering was if it was possible to just eliminate two bulbs (top and bottom) and run the tv like that? If I get the time i'll probably end up throwing it back together and trying it anyway but I figured i'd put the question out there to save me some time.

Comment

hey rboyer, you are going to have to change out those globes or else you will have an unbalanced load and it will just shut down.
        WHY CAN'T PHILIPS USE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS?

Comment

lol yeah I figured that out last night. I then found the datasheet for the IC on the primary inverter and shorted out the pin for the timing capacitor (pin 1) to ground. Probably not the smartest thing to do since i'm missing the resistance from those two lamps but so far for "testing" purposes it's working. It's actually a pretty decent tv and i'm only $30 into it so far so now that i've ran it for over an hour to verify that it works and only the two lamps were burnt out i'm thinking that it may be worth paying the $50 to replace the lamps and re-enable the protection on the inverter.

Comment

if you have a repair shop near by or one of the other guys here are anywhere near you, you may be able to get some a bit cheaper, but either way, it is definitely worth fixing!
            WHY CAN'T PHILIPS USE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS?

Comment

If anybody has some spare parts for a DP42848, I am in need of a PWB Control board (board with power, channel and volume button and Remote sensor) for a Sanyo DP42848. The part number is 1AA4B10N2020A.
              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rboyer View Post
                I then found the datasheet for the IC on the primary inverter and shorted out the pin for the timing capacitor (pin 1) to ground.
                I know it's been a couple of years, but could you point me to the data sheet or describe which cap/pin you shorted? I want too get mine to stay lit long enough for my eyes to adjust and count how many bulbs are out before I pull the panel off the front.

Comment

Hi,

I have the same model TV and same issue. I have not yet opened up the panel but I am getting ready to do it once I find a folding table to set everything up on. Here is the datasheet for the inverter controller: https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...2e0aa1635e.pdf

I will let you know if I find anything interesting inside the panel

Comment

Well I finally got around to taking the panel apart. I found the source of the problem As expected, there is a burned out CCFL. It may not be easy to tell in the attached photo, but it is the 5th one up from the bottom. I will order one from CCFL warehouse and see if I can get this thing back together without damaging the panel. Wish me luck!
                    Attached Files

Comment

So, it turns out there were actually 2 failed lamps. 5th from the top and 5th from the bottom. I ordered 2 used lamps from an eBay seller for $20 shipped for both, as new lamps were too costly for me at around $25 each. The replacement lamps were from a different TV but were 99% correct size. They were just a tiny bit thinner, and I noticed they were ever so slightly loose in the sockets. So I used a soldering iron to solder them into place to avoid any issues with loose connection. To my surprise, the metal coating on the end of the lamps began to melt away! I was able to still get them soldered nice and good without melting away too much of the metal. Then, upon reassembly I had forgotten how some of the frame pieces went together and I had to install and remove the panel about 3 times until I finally got it right. At this point I was certain I damaged the panel just from moving it around so many times. I thought to myself, it would be a miracle if this TV still worked. Well, when I finally got the panel reassembled and the connections hooked back up, I powered it on and to my surprise IT WORKS!!! That's a 42" TV rescued from the dumpster and only $20 of parts put into it! Been using it for a week now and no issues at all. Hopefully it still has some years of life left in the other lamps! Take care!
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by events.b; 07-17-2016, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X