Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LG 42LD450 struck by lightning, replaced main board, now every other column is red.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 42LD450 struck by lightning, replaced main board, now every other column is red.

I got a LG 42LD450-UA with the worst case of lightning damage I've ever seen. The main board was absolutely toast. The lightning came in through the composite inputs and took out those circuits, the main board was a total loss. I replaced the main board with a compatible one, but now every other column is red. It seems too consistent to me to be a panel fault, at first I thought it was incorrect firmware, but after checking the INSTART settings and force flashing the latest correct firmware using the wonderful resources at http://openlgtv.org.ru/, the problem still persists. At this point I am wondering if a failed TCON board can cause this, or perhaps a faulty connection between the TCON and the main board. Any insight is appreciated, thanks
    Attached Files

Re: LG 42LD450 struck by lightning, replaced main board, now every other column is re

I would carefully examine and reseat all cables to t-con
    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Re: LG 42LD450 struck by lightning, replaced main board, now every other column is re

Hey dskall, I checked and reseated the cables to the t-con, they look good, it didn't make a difference. Could this be a failure of the as15f chip?

Comment

Not likely as15 problem. Possible t-con, lvds cable or main board. I know that doesn't narrow it down much. Maybe others can.

Comment

Replaced the T-CON, TV is fixed! Another one back in service.

Comment

Thanks for update

Comment

Working...
            X