Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

z5wah la-b161p

Hi
    I have a mainb LA-B162P (cpu i5 + nvidia gpu) which sometimes turns on and after a few seconds turns off and on again as a continuous loop. or it stays on expelling heat from the fan that runs normally, but in both cases always with the black screen both internal and external, sometimes I appreciate a backlight flash for a second in the internal monitor.
    i downloaded the schematic and i went to check all the voltages of the mainb and i'm ok, so i thought it was a problem with the bios ... i argued about everything and more but i have so much confusion about the procedure of how to flash from a machine that turns on electrically but does not send any signal on the screen .... KINDLY someone can teach me the steps to perform
    Thanks
    Last edited by pippo_one; 12-27-2020, 04:18 AM.

Re: z5wah la-b161p

Find the PLT_RST signal on the mainboard and measure its voltage.

Comment

Dear Caspian, I identified PLT_RST in the "U30" ic
      pins 1 and 2 are 3.36 volts to pin 4 there is 3.36 volts
      but when the mainb turns off and the loop starts again the voltages go to 0 volts
      pls ...any other suggestions?
      Thanks

Comment

have you reprogrammed the Bios chip?
        Usually, two or three different Bios dumps should be tested to reach a conclusion whether the issue is Bios or not.

Comment

Hello, as specified above I have followed several tutorials to reload the bios in the cmos ... but none were successful ... I ask please if anyone has a bios for this mainb ... but above all if you can teach me step to step how can I rewrite the bios in the cmos, and if you need some tools
          Thanks

Comment

You need an external Flash programmer. Desolder the Bios IC and reprogram it using the programmer.
            There are many videos and tutorials on the net that teach Bios programming an external Flash programmer.

Comment

Hi, I bought a new EZP2019 programmer and I am ready to program the bios, (I have seen some tutorials and I think I am able to do it) so in summary I have a z5wah la-b162p i5 with Nvidia gpu with i / o ENE and cmos bios eFEON qh64-104hip
              please does anyone have a bios for this mainb?

also I happened to have an identical mainb with the same problems always with ENE but the cmos bios is a WINBOND 25q64fvsiq

Comment

Originally posted by pippo_one View Post
                Hi, I bought a new EZP2019 programmer and I am ready to program the bios, (I have seen some tutorials and I think I am able to do it) so in summary I have a z5wah la-b162p i5 with Nvidia gpu with i / o ENE and cmos bios eFEON qh64-104hip
                please does anyone have a bios for this mainb?

also I happened to have an identical mainb with the same problems always with ENE but the cmos bios is a WINBOND 25q64fvsiq
                Post your request and bios backup in the "BIOS Requests ONLY!" forum please -

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40
                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Try on battery only,charger only and charger plus battery.Remove charger and battery,press power button for 10 seconds, then disconnect the LVDS screen cable and connect to external, try again.
                  Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-02-2021, 08:53 AM.
                  All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Working...
                  X