LG OLED 65EG9600 no picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG OLED 65EG9600 no picture

i am afraid you are doing some things wrong,, if you read all your posts starting from first one you stated 24V, and when it stand alone 24V too. and now as last test you write 22V.

put every things in place as original. dont send any instop or p only. just plug in wall and show me your mainboards to see howmany red led turning on

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
      if you read all your posts starting from first one you stated 24V, and when it stand alone 24V too. and now as last test you write 22V.
      I think the difference is IN_STOP mode.

When NOT in IN_STOP mode (initial testing):
      - get power, red light on optical out, sound (tv input static noise), and 24v on P203.
      - Also get 24v on P203 when in standalone (3-jumpered config - no main board connected).
      - Can get back to this state by issuing P_ONLY, exit, Power, and then turning the TV on.

When in IN_STOP mode:
      - get power, red light on optical out, no sound, and 22v on P203.
      - Also get 22v on P203 when 24v cable is disconnected from T-con.
      - Also get 22v on P203 when DRV_ON jumpered to 3.5V (rest of signals on P201 cable are connected via the normal cable connections to main board).
      - NOTED, get 24v on P203 when in standalone (3-jumpered config - no main board connected, so IN_STOP mode not relevant here, but going back to non-jumpered config returns to 22v)

put every things in place as original. dont send any instop or p only. just plug in wall and show me your mainboards to see howmany red led turning on
      Whether in IN_STOP mode or not in IN_STOP mode, there is only the 1 red light on the main board coming from the optical out.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Daveleone; 02-07-2021, 03:20 PM.

Comment

just to clarify some things you could didn't saw before LG OLED when we send INSTOP to it.
        the optical will not lit on direct after starting the TV on, the mainboards will need about 40 seconds until the first logo will come on screen, then first install so i m not sure if you were giving to the set enough time for booting.
        yours mainboards should have another 2 small red LED to turn on one for LVDS signal and other at the middle left side.

i cant imagine TV was working and after 6 months turning it on starting with this state
        if you remember what you did then we can focus on the last things you did before 6 months.. but if you told that it had picture and you didn't saw it self !!!!

read my post #17 and contact the OP to have his mainboards and t-con. or all boards

Comment

One things more i forget... on mainboard you should have 2 micro switch for reset.

i can see only one and the other not in place... !!!!! so try pressing the one you have long press 10 second

Comment

IN_STOP will need about 40 seconds not sure if you were giving to the set enough time for booting.
            Yes, it did take a while for the optical out LED to turn on. I waited some time after that. Still no picture.

yours mainboards should have another 2 small red LED to turn on one for LVDS signal and other at the middle left side.
            I did not see any other LEDs near the LVDS cables or in the middle of the left side of the board. Can you point them out? I tried to take a better pic of the main board, I will attach it here.

we can focus on the last things you did before 6 months
            I literally set the TV down in my garage, plugged it in, turned it on, saw the screen turn on with 1/2 screen distortion, watched it for ~30 seconds, turned it off, unplugged the TV.
            Then it sat there for 6 months.
            Then I picked it up, carried it into my house, set it down, turned it on...no picture.

You should have 2 micro switch for reset... try pressing the one you have long press 10 second
            I only have SWI3000, my board does not have SWI3200.
            I held SWI3000 (I tried this in both IN_STOP and normal modes), heard relay click off, wait 10s, release SWI3000, set turns back on. No change (still no picture).

contact the OP to have his mainboards and t-con
            Yes, let me know if you think we've done all we can to troubleshoot and if so, I will try to buy those boards from OP.

Thanks again for your help!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Daveleone; 02-08-2021, 02:45 PM.

Comment

to tell you the truth i am confused with this set.. i never faced LG in way its model OLED 65EG9600 had mainboards absolute different from other. mysterious

micro led will be remarked with LD

you wrote at first time you turn it on you got 1/2 screen distortion right side when you standing at front of the tv?

you can disconnect the mainboards as you did before for test stand alone so this time you run the stand alone test but with disconnect the 2 ribbon cable of the 1/2 screen with distortion let see if the panel show any things- LOL

i never did this crazy before... but maybe your TV crazy need crazy way too... or you just disconnect one ribbon no 2 from left
              Last edited by Diah; 02-08-2021, 03:41 PM.

Comment

another test could help . all ribbon in place as stand alone test... try to control the jumpers of 3.5V ....12VT_ON with switch. so you can control the contact like on and off... hope the t-con wake up and show some things on the screen. be sure the on off should be 10 seconds or more between them

Comment

micro led will be remarked with LD
                  Ok, I did find a label for LDI3200 near the LVDS cables. Is that it? If you look at the closeup photo of the LVDS connectors in post #25, you will see a box printed on the PCB to the right of the right LVDS cable that shows LDI3200 in it. If you follow the area that box points to, you will notice ... there is no LED in that location LOL Seems like I have a cheap model main board

test stand alone so this time you run the stand alone test but with disconnect the 2 ribbon cable of the 1/2 screen with distortion let see if the panel show any things
                  Ok, I tried this and I did get some illumination on the screen (btw, the red dot you see in the pictures is not coming from the screen. It is a reflection from my power strip). The photos are named to indicate which ribbon cables were connected at the time the photo was taken.

example:
                  [BACK OF TV]
                  Ribbon1 Ribbon2 Ribbon3 Ribbon4
                  ON OFF ON ON

...is labelled as ON_OFF_ON_ON.jpg

Also, as a test, I disconnected Ribbon1 (the left-most ribbon when looking at the back of the TV) and powered on the TV. Relay clicked, and for a brief moment the screen glowed. Then the relay clicked off. I didn't run any more tests like this because I didn't want to risk sending the main board into protect mode.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Daveleone; 02-08-2021, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Daveleone View Post
                    Also, as a test, I disconnected Ribbon1 (the left-most ribbon when looking at the back of the TV) and powered on the TV. Relay clicked, and for a brief moment the screen glowed. Then the relay clicked off. I didn't run any more tests like this because I didn't want to risk sending the main board into protect mode.
                    did you did this while the mainboards connected?????

Comment

any way. please never disconnect ribbon test while mainboards in place..

so with this crazy stand alone test the t-con wake up, but i think you didn't give enough time to let the t-con play another color pattern so remain to sky blue.

when yours t-con wake up keep working with stand alone test... but let all ribbon in place, hope you will upload photo with label ON_ON_ON_ON and your screen lighting complete LOL

Comment

i think you didn't give enough time to let the t-con play another color pattern ... let all ribbon in place ON_ON_ON_ON
                        With all ribbon cables connected, in standalone configuration, plug in, I do see a quick flash of light for a moment and then the screen goes black.
                        With the other configurations, the image you see in the pictures stays on the screen.
                        I will try disconnecting Ribbon1 & Ribbon2 and leave the TV on for some time and will report back.
                        Last edited by Daveleone; 02-08-2021, 05:09 PM.

Comment

With all ribbon cables connected, in standby mode, plug in, I do see a quick flash of light for a moment and then the screen goes black.
                          With the other configurations, the image you see in the pictures stays on the screen.
                          I will try disconnecting Ribbon1 & Ribbon2 and leave the TV on for some time and will report back.
                          what standby mode and you are running stand alone test ???? i am lost cant follow you

Comment

what standby mode and you are running stand alone test ???? i am lost cant follow you
                            Sorry, yes. I edited my post to say "Standalone" but you read it before I could edit

Comment

Sorry, yes. I edited my post to say "Standalone" but you read it before I could edit
                              so only do this please as stand alone..... leave all ribbon in place and run the test.. if you got black screen ( T-CON back to sleep) however i dont think so... do one ribbon disconnect to wake it up... then turn off and put back the ribbon and run the test with all 4 ribbon in. ON ON ON ON lol

Comment

so only do this please as stand alone..... leave all ribbon in place and run the test.. if you got black screen ( T-CON back to sleep) however i dont think so... do one ribbon disconnect to wake it up... then turn off and put back the ribbon and run the test with all 4 ribbon in. ON ON ON ON lol
                                With Ribbon1 disconnected, I get the image I posted. Even if I leave it on for 5-10 minutes, I still get the same image (no color pattern).
                                If I power off, plug ribbon back in, power on. I get brief flash of light on the screen and then black, as before.

BTW, 24v and 12v read correctly at F1 and F3 the whole time.

You think it's bad panel? or bad t-con?
                                I am thinking it is NOT bad main board because main board power, optical LED, sound, and even network all work fine. Agree?
                                Last edited by Daveleone; 02-08-2021, 05:23 PM.

Comment

if you are living at 3rd or higher level open yours window .. take alook be sure no one standalone down stair then thru the panel down... if you were at ground level.. then get it back to garage print my favorite Mustang shelby GT500 and glue it on the screen LOL
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Finally got a picture on the screen!

Attached Files

Comment

Finally got a picture on the screen!

good work.. thanks for following

Comment

You think it's bad panel? or bad t-con?
                                        I am thinking it is NOT bad main board because main board power, optical LED, sound, and even network all work fine. Agree?
                                        seriously let try one things.. please all who read dont do it.. its only for this threat..

put every things in place as original.. just slide out the wires from P201 power on & drv on & 12Vt on. leave others connected between main boards and t-con as well the lvds make the jumpers as you did at stand alone and let then turn on altogether... let see how the mainboard will display on screen with out protection

BTW: please put back the heat plate cover on mainboards and t-con
                                        Last edited by Diah; 02-08-2021, 06:25 PM.

Comment

seriously let try one things
                                          I don't want to destroy my main board or burn my house down

I have a different idea:
                                          - I am going to sell the T-Con AS-IS, and I will ask the buyer to let me know if it works.
                                          -- If no, I will buy a replacement T-Con.
                                          -- If yes, I will sell the main board AS-IS and I will ask the buyer to let me know if it works.
                                          --- If no, I will buy a replacement main board (and t-con, since I will have already sold mine).
                                          --- If yes, I will sell the power supply and throw away the panel.
                                          Last edited by Daveleone; 02-08-2021, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X