Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

win 10 not allowing google chrome to be the default browser ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

win 10 not allowing google chrome to be the default browser ?

Hi guys ;no matter how many time i make google chrome my default browser it keeps showing not default every time i open chrome.
    Attached Files

Re: win 10 not allowing google chrome to be the default browser ?

Are you setting it in default programs ?

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
      Are you setting it in default programs ?
      thanks buddy ;
      I do everything requested for chrome to be my default and still shows that notification ,it doesn't bother me but it's annoying, one time i downloaded chrome with a scrip but later on when i had to reset win 10 it came back, i forgot that google chrome script.

Comment

Type "default" into the search box and select default apps. Scroll down to web browser and check chrome is selected next to web browser.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
          Type "default" into the search box and select default apps. Scroll down to web browser and check chrome is selected next to web browser.
          i do that over and over still shows ,google chrome
          not default app, i gave up.

Comment

Thanks i got rid of it,if you ask how,i don't know ,all i know i went to setting ,developed tools and clicked on something i don't recall what, and now ,not showing up, that's what happens when you not that much technical about it,you go as it works,and i have fixed many things not knowing how. Weird but true.

Comment

Wow what a helpfully thread, I think I lost 50 iq points just reading it.��

Comment

Originally posted by brethin View Post
                Wow what a helpfully thread, I think I lost 50 iq points just reading it.��
                We'll see it again next week, after microsnark goes in and breaks it again...
                You'd think those giving the so-called suggestions are astroturfing pay-for-players. IOW, micro$hills...

As for anyone still (in 2021!) clinging to the psychotic idea of suggesting that others change settings or otherwise "manage" or "reason" with windowsFU:

Now two actual solutions for the OP. Try some flavor of "de-googled" chromium, like SRWare Iron portable. Change the default search & other "options," of course.

Or, RE win10, never fight with a narcissistic psychopath; you get tired & beat up, and besides M$ enjoys it!
                LMDE FTW!!!
                Attached Files
                "pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...
                Originally posted by shango066
                All style and no substance.
                Originally posted by smashstuff30
                guilty,guilty,guilty,guilty!
                guilty of being cheap-made!

Comment

Working...
                X