Hp pavilion dv5 uma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hp pavilion dv5 uma

Hello colleagues, I enter a hp dv5 notebook with mother 6050A2313301 that when pressing the power button reaches 500ma (approximate) it turns off and on again reaching the same voltage peak and so on. Doing visual inspection I did not find anything unusual. I tried another processor to rule out and it does the same. I have 5v and 3v, the charger light is ok. I started measuring the secondary voltages. On this board the + v5A go through a mosfet and become + v5s and the same with the 3v source. After both mosfets I have a voltage of 1.5v (neither 3vs nor 5vs). So I think something is pulling me down both lines. When applying tension I notice that the PCH heats up. Is what I did correct? Or am I overlooking something because the weird thing (maybe it's normal) when testing the motherboard without a processor is at a stable 60mA consumption. Sorry for the long text and thanks in advance
    Attached Files

Re: Hp pavilion dv5 uma

I was checking a little more and I noticed that on pin 85 of the kbc the CORE_PWEN # signal is present at a high level. Supposedly when that signal is activated it sends the secondary voltages to ground, right?

Comment

Comment

measure resitance on each coil to ground if there is a short

Comment

Working...
        X