Kicad-ngspice MOSFET models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kicad-ngspice MOSFET models

Trying to figure out Kicad and ngspice integration to see if my driver works.
    Unfortunately based on probing the circuit, as far as I can tell my design is sound but Kicad appears to connect the transistors wrong...grr.

In the "Alternate Node Sequence" checkbox, this is used to match KiCad and spice... what I've heard is that I should use "3 2 1" for BJTs that have external models, but does this depend on the footprint or what does this depend on?

How about for MOSFETs? Then power MOSFETs with subckt models?

These are the things that piss me off when working with schematic capture... but without schematic capture I'd rather just breadboard it. Just that magic smoke in a SPICE simulation is magical magic smoke, at least magical magic smoke can be stuffed back into the devices...

BTW, as far as I can tell, I've already sent 50 volts into the gate of my MOSFET because kicad/ngspice can't get the pinout correct. Destroyed the gate. Oh well, reset simulation, I have a brand new MOSFET!
    Last edited by eccerr0r; 06-10-2020, 02:06 PM.

Re: Kicad-ngspice MOSFET models

I think I finally got it... put in the Kicad symbol pin numbers into the alternate pins...

Finally not getting "magical" magic smoke... it was all simulation model problems! Grr!

Comment

Re: Kicad-ngspice MOSFET models

Is this okay? (Simulation of H-tree crossover current...)

Well, no, but I probably can fix this in software if I can't speed up the edges
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X