Amp limiting controller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amp limiting controller?

I have a frozen drink machine and for some reason it froze up the other night and stripped the plastic gear that operates the mixing paddle. Is there something that I could buy to put in line with the paddle motor that when it got to a certain amp draw that it would shut the power down to that motor? Thanks Michael

Re: Amp limiting controller?

resettable fuse

Comment

Originally posted by Hornnumb2 View Post
      I have a frozen drink machine and for some reason it froze up the other night and stripped the plastic gear that operates the mixing paddle. Is there something that I could buy to put in line with the paddle motor that when it got to a certain amp draw that it would shut the power down to that motor? Thanks Michael
      You would have to know what your amperage is when the product is where you want it then you have to test the resettable fuse what there rating is and when they trip is two different things so it requires some testing

But I would recommend checking a few things first

Make sure that your temperature sensor controller or a mechanical thermostat is working correctly if has one

It could have a refrigerate pressure control you have to know what type of refrigerate was used then take a pressure temperature chart to see what pressure at a given temperature because you could have a bad control or low on refrigerate charge you will need a set of gauges for this test
      Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 09-01-2020, 05:59 PM.
      9 PC LCD Monitor
      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
      30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
      10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
      6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
      1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
      25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
      6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
      1 Dell Mother Board
      15 Computer Power Supply
      1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
      2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
      All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

A "resettable fuse" usually means a positive temperature coefficient thermistor that is low resistance until a particular current threshold is exceeded, at which point it goes high resistance. After it cools down it returns to low resistance, "resets".
        PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
        To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Working...
        X