LG-49LB5550-UY Water Damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG-49LB5550-UY Water Damage

Ok guys I have this tv stripped down to the led backlight. It appears someone had a Alcoholic drink spill all over this poor tv to where it went down the screen, onto the now very sticky driver boards. I've cleaned everything to the best of my ability. It seems what it is doing is just turning on and off over and over. When the screen flashes on for a second there is one small vertical line in the middle of the panel. Can you all tell me if this thing is trashed or if its worth fixing. When I plug in power to the psu and no mainboard attached nothing happens. When I plug in mainboard it starts power cycling forever. All the leds do flash when it does power cycle so the leds are all good. Now I am just wondering if it's the mainboard, psu, tcon or possibly the panel has permanent damage to the delicate ribbon connector from the liquid damage hence the vertical line? My money is on the mainboard personally but who knows can ya'll help me- thanks I can provide pictures of anything. The liquid appears to have run down the screen so all the main boards are all fine and undamaged except the driver boards look ok but they are fairly sticky.
    Attached Files

Re: LG-49LB5550-UY Water Damage

I forgot to mention. Even when the panel is removed and tcon as well. It continues to just power cycle and flicker the leds. I measured the stby voltage on the psu 3.5v is good.
    Last edited by Super360; 12-09-2021, 09:48 PM.

Comment

On LB series the backlights flash when there are bad LEDs. Observe them carefully or record and pause to spot which ones are bad. The vertical line is panel damage and not repairable.

Comment

Well damn panel damage great that sucks. I did notice that one side was like 180volts and the other side was like 80v on the leds using my led tv tester.

Comment

If you don't get any image while it's flashing, it doesn't make sense to fix backlight.
          But here is an example of me fixing water damage:
          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=95234

Comment

Ya unfortunately it looks like this screen sustained some physical damage to the screen as well. So I'm going to be parting this one out on e-bay or something I guess. Thanks for your help man. I cleaned all the ribbons good with ipa but still line so not worth fixing ya know.

Comment

Working...
            X