• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vizio E480i-B2 Won't Turn On DPS-167DP IC901

How about the report in your post #1?
    "D950b read 00.5 Ohms & .000".
    Did you lift one leg and re-test it?
    Never stop learning
    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
      Recheck R907A, R907B since ZD909 is no longer connected in parallel with the resistors any more, just to be sure.
      Looks like 2.1 Ohms across both R907A&B

Comment

That would be correct, 4.7Ω in parallel with 3.9Ω would be 2.13Ω

Comment

How about the report in your post #1?
          "D950b read 00.5 Ohms & .000".
          Did you lift one leg and re-test it?
          After post #5 I wasn't going to but since I am in the middle of all my gear, any tips on desoldering that type of riser style mount?

Edit: It was not easy but I was able to free the leg of the diode on the riser.

D950B = .000

Where is a good place to source parts?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Digital_Dad; 12-31-2019, 11:28 PM.

Comment

So D950b is shorted also. You can get most parts from Digikey, but for the ic you might need to get it from eeeebay/China

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
              So D950b is shorted also. You can get most parts from Digikey, but for the ic you might need to get it from eeeebay/China
              Any chance of getting it from Digikey or another place. I'm not a big fan of ebay. By chance does anyone have another part # for LD7913JGM6?

Also there are some variations of the diodes I really don't understand, like SB2100 vs SB3100, SR3100, SB3H100 E3 for that 3A 100V SCHOTTKY DIODE?

And I don't know the wattage of the zener diode, I know it's 4.7v and I believe it is made by Vishay?

Comment

Originally posted by Digital_Dad View Post
                Any chance of getting it from Digikey or another place. I'm not a big fan of ebay. By chance does anyone have another part # for LD7913JGM6?

Also there are some variations of the diodes I really don't understand, like SB2100 vs SB3100, SR3100, SB3H100 E3 for that 3A 100V SCHOTTKY DIODE?

And I don't know the wattage of the zener diode, I know it's 4.7v and I believe it is made by Vishay?
                4.7v 1W Zener will be fine.

What is the P/N printed on the D950B?
                "Also there are some variations of the diodes I really don't understand, like SB2100 vs SB3100, SR3100, SB3H100 E3 for that 3A 100V SCHOTTKY DIODE?"
                Easy enough just look up spec sheets: Examples
                SB2100:100V 2A
                https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...2bae9b1e16.pdf
                SB3100: 100V 3A
                https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...b8d7a6ef86.pdf
                Never stop learning
                Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

What is the p/n printed on the d950b?
                  The D950B has:
                  lt3134
                  sb2100

Comment

Digikey has the SB2100 (2amp) or you could use a SB3100 (3amp)
                    For the 4.7v zener NZ4V7D you can use a 1N4732A (4.7v 1watt)
                    I don't know of a direct sub for the LD7913
                    Last edited by R_J; 01-01-2020, 10:20 PM.

Comment

The parts are ordered and will be here Jan 6th & 7th. I will post an update when they are here and start work on it. I did have to source the IC chip from ebay and I bought 5 of them so if anyone reading this ends up needing one just message me.

Comment

I seem to have a problem...

The SB3100 3A 100v is too large?
                        Attached Files

Comment

It's okay that it's physically larger. You would expect that, since it can handle more current. Is the problem the leads of the SB3100 are too thick and will not fit through the holes of the board?

Comment

The diode should be ok, install the sb3100 diode without the standoffs in the D950A position and leave the D950b standoffs in the board. Just install the sb3100 with the same amount of clearence above the board. Just use enough solder to hold it in place
                            Last edited by R_J; 01-06-2020, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jetadm123 View Post
                              It's okay that it's physically larger. You would expect that, since it can handle more current. Is the problem the leads of the SB3100 are too thick and will not fit through the holes of the board?
                              Yes it is too thick to fit through the stand off holes.

Comment

The diode should be ok, install the sb3100 diode without the standoffs in the D950A position and leave the D950b standoffs in the board. Just install the sb3100 with the same amount of clearence above the board. Just use enough solder to hold it in place
                                I just now read this, I have already ordered the new part/s(I always order two just in case). I ordered two SB2100E-G's 2A 100v.

So should I use this and try to cancel the order tomorrow or wait until Wednesday for the new part to arrive?

EDIT: I just called to try and cancell the order but they said it shipped 3 minutes ealrier so they are unable to cancel the order. It's just one of those days.
                                Last edited by Digital_Dad; 01-06-2020, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Just got off the phone with the parts house, they couldn't find the part numbers on the original D950B schottky diode - lt3134 sb2100.
                                  And the data sheets for the 3A 100v SB3100 Diodes were all the thicker wire leads?

So I found a SB2100E 2A 100v that matches a lot closer to the size specs of what I currently have to replace. I was so concerned with getting the right amperage and voltage the actual size I thought would all be the same.

Nope, the new Zener is perfect though it tests .678 on the meter set to diode test. And so are the IC chips. Remember anyone who needs one message me.

So for anyone else out there ordering a D950B for this board check the specs, you may have to get a SB2100 too.

Comment

Zener diodes will usually check around .6xx, BUT remember, they zener (or clamp) at different voltages
                                    As for the sb2100 rectifier diode, there is no problem increasing the current and voltage, but as you found out the size can also increase. I would have just used the other holes without the standoffs.

Comment

Zener diodes will usually check around .6xx, BUT remember, they zener (or clamp) at different voltages
                                      As for the sb2100 rectifier diode, there is no problem increasing the current and voltage, but as you found out the size can also increase. I would have just used the other holes without the standoffs.
                                      I was going to use the other holes and cancel my order but apparently I was 3 minutes too slow. The representative said there was nothing they could do once the order had shipped. I had only placed the order only 45 mins before that. It cost me another $8.79.

So is the correct Schottky diode for this board really a 2A? and not a 3A. Because the size difference sure seems to point in that direction.

I did go ahead and solder the Zener, the IC and the loose plug since I had pulled my gear out before realizing the diode was different.

I will update Wednesday when the other diodes get here.

Comment

The package was delayed a day and arrived about an hour ago. I went ahead and soldered the new SB2100 schottky diode D950b into place. I then cleaned it up with alcohol.

It came on! It appears to be working again!

So to recap I had to replace the IC chip at IC901, a Zener diode ZD901 and a Schottky diode at D950b. I also had to resolve the CN202 plug the hard plugs into the smaller green driver board. The part numbers and other things to test are all in this thread. I hope that this can help someone fix their TV.

Thank you jetadm123, R_J & budm! I literally couldn't have done it with out you!

EDIT: I now have a single horizontal line near the top of the tv, about 4" from the top, from side to side all the way across.
                                        Last edited by Digital_Dad; 01-09-2020, 12:43 PM.

Comment

What would be a good replacement for the r915 resistor?

The markings on the resistor are F1/2J 4.7OHMS FU412 and its made by futaba.

Will this work?
                                          https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...RuuLgihA%3D%3D
                                          Last edited by pop70458; 02-20-2020, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X