Lg 42lb5610

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lg 42lb5610

Hello, I have this TV and the screen appears to have a problem. Just wanted to make sure before I send it to the recycle bin. This is a faulty panel isn't it?

https://youtu.be/LSKEExxi0oM

Re: Lg 42lb5610

This 10cm horizontal line of pixels appears for 3 seconds and stays gone for 3 seconds as you can see in the video.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteWolfHellas View Post
      Hello, I have this TV and the screen appears to have a problem. Just wanted to make sure before I send it to the recycle bin. This is a faulty panel isn't it?

https://youtu.be/LSKEExxi0oM
      Not necessarily. Try cleaning the contacts where the cable connects to the TV panel. Use some electronic grade contact cleaner.

Comment

Originally posted by Spider1211 View Post
        Not necessarily. Try cleaning the contacts where the cable connects to the TV panel. Use some electronic grade contact cleaner.
        Already done that. I cleaned all the contacts. Nothing changed.

Comment

Check for corrosion and the quality of solder joints at the connector ends. Did you try the wiggle test? Wiggle the cable while the TV is playing.

Comment

Check for corrosion and the quality of solder joints at the connector ends. Did you try the wiggle test? Wiggle the cable while the TV is playing.
            I have wiggled cables, ribbon cables, checked for cold joints, but found no corrosion. Can the T-Con be faulty?

Comment

Is the flashing from edge to edge? (Only half screen is visible in video)

Comment

Is the flashing from edge to edge? (Only half screen is visible in video)
                Yes, it is from edge to edge and it lasts 3 seconds every time it appears. It goes away for 3 seconds till it appears again in this loop.

Comment

From the video, it looks like a backlight issue possibly?? Maybe a loose/intermittent connection in backlight circuit or one or more bad leds, can you turn down the backlights NOT brightness? and see if there's any change.
                  Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-10-2020, 09:10 AM.

Comment

I've had 2 LG models with similar issues. Both of them had the exact same thin black horizontal lines but these were on permanently and all over the screen. More prominent at the top but faded slightly as they went down. I tried replacement tcon and main board but the fault still remained. I put it down to a cof or tab bonding problem in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by sickboy View Post
                      I've had 2 LG models with similar issues. Both of them had the exact same thin black horizontal lines but these were on permanently and all over the screen. More prominent at the top but faded slightly as they went down. I tried replacement tcon and main board but the fault still remained. I put it down to a cof or tab bonding problem in the end.
                      I think that my problem is indeed a faulty panel. Maybe the TV was mishandled during cleaning or transportation. Maybe it was pressed in the upper part of the bezel and the panel got damaged.

Comment

Well take it down to the tabs, look for damage, excessive heat, apply a little pressure see if it clears up or changes.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                          Well take it down to the tabs, look for damage, excessive heat, apply a little pressure see if it clears up or changes.
                          I have the TV open and have checked for visible damage, pressed here and there, wiggled, hit, apllied heat but nothing I do changes the symptom.

Comment

This does not really look like a bad panel, the flashing is too periodic. Do check the tabs and ribbon cables. Be careful since they can be easily damaged if mishandled.

Did you try changing input source (HDMI 1, HDMI 2, VGA, etc). If yes, is the flashing still same? Also try with no signal input.

Comment

You can run test patterns on the tv with the Mainboard unplugged.

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60662

How to run test patterns without Mainboard is in the pdf2attached to this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamie View Post
                                  https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60662

How to run test patterns without Mainboard is in the pdf2attached to this thread.
                                  Thanks for the very helpful tip brother, I have done as instructed but without the mainboard the TV does not turn on, therefore in order to do the test pattern the mainboard had to be connected. The pattern showed the cycle of colours but the problem with the lines was still there unfortunately.

Could the problem persist in the test because I had the mainboard connected if it's the culprit?

Comment

Your screen is likely faulty. If you unplug half the screen does the fault remain on both sides.

Try one side check
                                    Then plug the other side in check again.

If the fault is only present on one side of screen you may be able to use the old tape off method to "fix/mask over" it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamie View Post
                                      Your screen is likely faulty. If you unplug half the screen does the fault remain on both sides.

Try one side check
                                      Then plug the other side in check again.

If the fault is only present on one side of screen you may be able to use the old tape off method to "fix/mask over" it.
                                      I removed the left ribbon flex from the T-Con and the line is still visible.

Then I plugged it back in and removed the right ribbon flex. The problem went away.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Ok you can use the masking method, post a clear picture of the tcon with pcb marking well visible.

Comment

Working...
                                        X