No announcement yet.

ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 1 Short beep and 1 Short 3 Long beeps after five seconds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 1 Short beep and 1 Short 3 Long beeps after five seconds

My asus board doing something strange, didn't saw anything like that before
    I get 1 short beep on start... and after five secs i get 1 long and 3 short beeps.

Changing CPU, RAM and GPU didn't gave any results.

Re: ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 1 Short beep and 1 Short 3 Long beeps after five seconds

1 long and 3 short is video init failure, TMK. Definitely true for Award and AMI seems to use the same code for video init failure.

Recommended to check the PCI-E slot!
    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Re: ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 1 Short beep and 1 Short 3 Long beeps after five seconds

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP View Post
      1 long and 3 short is video init failure, TMK. Definitely true for Award and AMI seems to use the same code for video init failure.

Recommended to check the PCI-E slot!
      Well about the gpu I know, but how it gets through POST and then fails ?

Comment

Originally posted by xnRS View Post
        Well about the gpu I know, but how it gets through POST and then fails ?
        I dunno.
        ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

That does sound odd. I would try reprogramming the BIOS chip with a known good file
          Follow me on YouTube
          ------------------
          Learn Electronics Repair
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFX...R8UZ2vg/videos

Comment

Reprogrammed BIOS, only third out of three PCI works. On First and Second after start it gives 1 short beep that everything is ok, then 1 long 3 short and post code 66 or 99
            Last edited by xnRS; 07-17-2021, 09:24 AM.

Comment

After removing CPU and putting it back, I'm getting 5F code, which means - no CPU, so how to remove plastic Socket cover without damaging socket pins ?

Comment

Working...
              X