No announcement yet.

HP Elite 8300 computer completely locked no response from key board or mouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Elite 8300 computer completely locked no response from key board or mouse

Dose anyone know what would cause this issue because I do not understand what is going on

The setup is the hard drive is set to never turn off
    The video set to not turn off
    Supposedly it setup is not to power down at all but something is not working correctly

I have three of these computers and the other two work correctly with this setup

The video is on the screen but the keyboard has no lights on and no response the mouse light is on but no response to movement

The power button does not respond correctly either because if you push it monetary the hard drive lights but as you release the button no response unless you hold the power button for a very long time then it power down but when you push the power button again the power light comes on but does not boot up correctly unless you power cycle it several times before it might boot up again and everything seems to be ok until it has been on several hours and lock up again

Also sometimes it does not show the HP logo like it suppose to and it seems to take a long time to boot up to where the hard drive light is not lighting

This switching power supply has been recapped a year or so ago so I know that this could not be the issue

The computer has Windows 10 professional install on it but it is an upgrade because it originally started with Windows 7 professional

One note this the computer that I posted a while back that the power LED light was not working and I had installed a new red LED light in it
    Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 06-19-2022, 08:03 AM.
    9 PC LCD Monitor
    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
    30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
    10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
    6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
    1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
    25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
    6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply
    1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
    2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
    All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Re: HP Elite 8300 computer completely locked no response from key board or mouse

looks like a bad EC ic

Comment

Re: HP Elite 8300 computer completely locked no response from key board or mouse

This is a desktop computer not a laptop computer

I did a quick Google search on this “EC ic” and it talks about laptops computers

The question is it worth trying to repair this issue
      Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 06-19-2022, 10:47 AM.
      9 PC LCD Monitor
      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
      1 Dell Mother Board
      15 Computer Power Supply

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

Comment

Originally posted by sam_sam_sam View Post
        This is a desktop computer not a laptop computer

I did a quick Google search on this “EC ic” and it talks about laptops computers

The question is it worth trying to repair this issue
        It will have an EC chip.A Nuvoton on the SFF board,not sure about the others.What is your motherboard part number
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I try to get this information tomorrow or the next few days

I did a quick Google search on “Nuvoton” and found that it is a controller ic chip and if this is the case to me it not worth trying to repair it I can another one for about $100.00 with the operating system already installed but thank you for all of information
          Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 06-19-2022, 11:28 AM.
          9 PC LCD Monitor
          6 LCD Flat Screen TV
          1 Dell Mother Board
          15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

I try to get this information tomorrow or the next few days

I did a quick Google search on “Nuvoton” and found that it is a controller ic chip and if this is the case to me it not worth trying to repair it I can another one for about $100.00 with the operating system already installed but thank you for all of information
            Seems more like a power issue or failing chipset,but it could be anything. Have you checked all the board caps,do you have an ESR meter that will test in-circuit
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I might check some of the capacitors on the motherboard but I have not had much success with recapping motherboard because of the fact of so many layers on these boards the soldering joints come off the board to easily
              9 PC LCD Monitor
              6 LCD Flat Screen TV
              1 Dell Mother Board
              15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

This switching power supply has been recapped a year or so ago so I know that this could not be the issue
                Are you sure.This reminds me of losing things when you say to yourself "it won`t be there" and it usually is,and its in the last place you look

Comment

Remove the heat-sinker of main chip. Power on the board and feel the surface, if it is more worm than normal.
                  If it is then keyboard and mouse will stuck, and u have to replace that chip
                  Sometime the smd capacitors near usb ports short. Also check them
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by OKRPKCOMP; 06-19-2022, 12:40 PM. Reason: forget to attach pic

Comment

Thanks for all of these responses I have do some testing and checking something whenever I have some time again
                    9 PC LCD Monitor
                    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                    1 Dell Mother Board
                    15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Originally posted by OKRPKCOMP View Post
                      Remove the heat-sinker of main chip. Power on the board and feel the surface, if it is more worm than normal.
                      If it is then keyboard and mouse will stuck, and u have to replace that chip
                      Sometime the smd capacitors near usb ports short. Also check them
                      Thanks for the photo and pointing out what to check
                      9 PC LCD Monitor
                      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                      1 Dell Mother Board
                      15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Working...
                      X