Jenn Air Wall Oven Dim LCD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jenn Air Wall Oven Dim LCD

I recently purchased a Jenn Air Wall Oven model number jjs2730ws00. It functions properly except that the lcd display is rather dim. No adjustment in the settings seems to improve or even change the dimming/brightness of the display. My hope is I can repair the current display instead of purchasing a new or used unit to replace. I prefer to fix at the lowest point for the joy of the repair. Also throwing out what would otherwise be a perfectly good part just because perhaps a capacitor or other small part is bad seems obviously wasteful. Any guidance would be appreciated.

PS It should be stated that a visual inspection of the part has not taken place yet, but should be done by the weekend.

Re: Jenn Air Wall Oven Dim LCD

My sister has the same problem with her microwave oven. Her's is a Frigidaire. I looked on the internet an found many people have this problem. These people who have repaired them claim that they are bad capacitors from China.

Comment

OP you seem to have a wrong model number, it should be JJW2730 for 30" wall oven. It's like a space ship, lots of electronics.

A dim fluorescent VFD display on older oven control boards is usually caused by bad capacitors. But this wall oven uses a LCD touch display.
      Not sure what kind of backlight it is using, if LED or CCFL.

Jenn Air PS11752046 Oven Control Board (is a SMPS power supply) cross ref. to Whirlpool WPW10286791 (AP6018743), W10286791, 1874905, W10176142. seems to be used in a few microwave ovens.
      Jenn Air PS11752182 Mega control board (17 relays!) cross ref. to Whirlpool WPW10292568 (AP6018878), 1552917, W10175823, W10289532.

Could not find info on the display board, which is where I'd go to first.
      Attached Files

Comment

I apologize for the model number error.
        Yeah, I'll have to open it up this weekend. Does ccfl stand for compact fluorescent? Can't imagine it being backlit by that but I'm just a noob. I was also thinking it must be the backlighting.

I'll post some pics in the coming days.

Originally posted by redwire View Post
        OP you seem to have a wrong model number, it should be JJW2730 for 30" wall oven. It's like a space ship, lots of electronics.

A dim fluorescent VFD display on older oven control boards is usually caused by bad capacitors. But this wall oven uses a LCD touch display.
        Not sure what kind of backlight it is using, if LED or CCFL.

Jenn Air PS11752046 Oven Control Board (is a SMPS power supply) cross ref. to Whirlpool WPW10286791 (AP6018743), W10286791, 1874905, W10176142. seems to be used in a few microwave ovens.
        Jenn Air PS11752182 Mega control board (17 relays!) cross ref. to Whirlpool WPW10292568 (AP6018878), 1552917, W10175823, W10289532.

Could not find info on the display board, which is where I'd go to first.

Comment

Use caution when you work around a LCD display to NOT bend twist the glass screen because it is easily cracked if it glued to the face plate it might have a LED for the backlight which probably connects the circuit board with two wires if this is the case and you can get to the wires from the main controller board just remove them and if you have an adjustable power supply start at 1.5 volts and very slowly increase the voltage to the minimum brightness that you require but be careful not to over drive the LEDs because the backlight assembly is not going to have a current limiting resistor you have to know what the voltage that drives the LEDs at minimum brightness that you need to see the display

Ones you have the voltage that is need for the LEDs post this information and we recommended your opinion

I research this a little bit and appertaining there some capacitors on the timer console a 68uf@50 volts if I remember correctly and a 470uf I do not remember the voltage I would do this frist

Here is something that might help you

https://www.fixya.com/support/t31375...l_not_light_up
          Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 05-21-2022, 01:30 AM.
          9 PC LCD Monitor
          6 LCD Flat Screen TV
          30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
          10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
          6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
          1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
          25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
          6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
          1 Dell Mother Board
          15 Computer Power Supply
          1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
          2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
          All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Working...
          X