Dell 2007FPB teardown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell 2007FPB teardown

Hi, thank you for this thread. I successfully fixed my Dell 2007FPB with a 2,2K resistor taken from a graphic card. It works so far but I have not tested it during a long time so I do not know if this reparation will last.

Comment

The 2.7K resistor on the bottom is testing good on my unit but there is a 15k marked 153 that is open. So be sure to test the rest!

Comment

Thank you very much for this informative teardown! Thanks to this I was able to fix my friends 2007WPb. The cause was an defective 47K smd resistor at R52 under the white thermal glue on the USB board.

Comment

Thank you very much for this informative teardown! Thanks to this I was able to fix my friends 2007WPb with the "no power at all" symptom. The cause was an defective 47K smd resistor at R52 under the white thermal glue on the USB board.

Comment

Hey, guys!

Thanks for "272" resistor hint.
            Dell 2007FP (2008 year) didn't turn on since few days ago. Now works as new!
            Official Dell service in Kyiv, Ukraine: won't fix (read as "go buy newer one").

ac21 and others
            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...3&postcount=12

Comment

Hello,

I have one of these LCD and it does not turn on.

Reading through those pages I tried to find the error, but no luck so far.

I looked for exploded caps on all boards but nothing obvious. Then I focused on the USB board as all errors on this topic seems to come from there.

I tested the resistors under the white bulb, but none is deffective. 3A fuse is not blown. Zener I am not sure how to test them. When I use diode on my multimeter I read 0.160 and all paralleles pairs of diodes read the same.

I wanted to test voltage output without having the 220V plugged in so I used my laboratory powersupply and tried to apply 19V directly on the board input (before the fuse) in order to check 5V and 3.V

Something quite strange happens:
              - first time I did it there had been a shortcut appeared between 19V and GND, so my laboratory powersupply voltage droped. I unconnected. Then I could still measure the shortcut between ground and 19V. Few minutes after the shortcut was gone.

- second (and other) time I plug in 19V when my 19V electrod come close there is a strong spark, but after the spark it seems normal. The voltage do not drop as first time. And I do not have a shortcut between 19V and GND anymore...
              But on all converter bucks Q6 Q9 and Q14 I read 19V both on the input and the output

Should'nt I be reading 5V 3V and 12V on the converter output?
              I am not very good yet with debugging electronics so maybe I'm missing something big! Please let me know if this gives you any idea.

Comment

After re-trying, it appeared that those strange problems were induce because I applied ground on the screw hole. When applying GND on the pin header (pins 5-6 from left) they disapeared.

Then I could see the problem : only 5V was working, 3.3V and 12V are off.

In the end I found the problem it was 3 SMD resistors that were out of specs (153, 010 and 473) in the row of SMD under the white dielectric blob. Just upside the right PWM IC on my picture.
                I found out comparing the resistances values read with ohm-meter between the 3.3V PWM circuit (that was not working) with the 5V PWM circuit (working).
                - 153 (15k) and 010 (10k) were clearly open circuit
                - 753 and 473 did not read the same values between 5V PWM and 3.3V PWM.
                So I unsoldered all that were not the same as on the 5V to check them. Result was 753 was ok (75k), 153 010 and 473 were open-circuit. (473 should be 47k ohm)

I replaced them with new SMD resistor and the 3.3V came back.

I did not fix the 12V as I don't need it. Although I tried but I saw no differences in the SMD resistors of the PWM (with 5V PWM) so I did not knew what else to do.

Hope this might help someone sometime

Comment

Originally posted by ac21 View Post
                  I had a 2007wpb that wouldn't turn on at all unless i let it sit plugged in for a few hours..then it would turn on long enough for the "no signal message to come on" then die again it would repeat this randomly.

After reading kalmara's post i checked the row of resisters under the "white blob of dielectric" on the usb board .. the first one is a 2.7k (printed on it 272) i first jumped a resister of unknown value across it and the monitor started working. then i desoldered the SMD and soldered in a regular 2.2k resister and put it back together ..everything is working great so far.

I read a bunch of post here and there but couldn't figure it out so i made this post so people in the same situation can do the same but maybe you should replace it with the right resister

here are some pictures of the location on the resister thanks to budm.

Thank you very much. Here it is how I solved, following your advise, the not working monitor issue:

Comment

Kinda big one, no?
                    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
                    Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
                      Kinda big one, no?
                      Yeah

It is a 1 watt resistor. Now I am quite confident that the monitor will become obsolete before that resistor burns open any more.

Comment

I got another piece of this display and unlike the previous two (or was it three?), I do not think this one ever saw the sound bar. However, there was no +12 V anyway. Is it actually supposed to be on all the time, or is it activated only when the bar is plugged in??
                        Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

i was just given one of these that was said to be bad

works fine using dvi-d, might be vga/composite/svid or usb issue
                          or it was not bad

anyhoo, cant complain about a free monitor, 1600x1200 res is great cad and photoshop

Comment

Good

Comment

Originally posted by elsayed View Post
                              Good

Hello,

I have one of these LCD and it does not turn on.

Comment

hi all i need manual for Dell 2007fpb

Comment

Hi All i need the Schematic diagram manual for dell 2007fpb

Comment

I want help from experts
                                    You need the values of the elements below the white matter in the image
                                    I have learned a lot from you. I thank you all
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by elsayed View Post
                                      I want help from experts
                                      You need the values of the elements below the white matter in the image
                                      I have learned a lot from you. I thank you all
                                      See post #58 if that is the resistor you are asking about:
                                      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...0&postcount=58

2700 Ohms.
                                      Never stop learning
                                      Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                      http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
                                        See post #58 if that is the resistor you are asking about:
                                        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...0&postcount=58

2700 Ohms.
                                        I need the values of these electronic elements in the picture
                                        Attached Files

Comment

It's written on them, http://www.resistorguide.com/resistor-smd-code/

The first two are 2700 and, uh, 75k?

Comment

Working...
                                          X